Company Operations Leader
Som Drinking Vinegar
Som Drinking Vinegars specializes in sweet and tart, fruit based drinking vinegars handmade in Portland, Or. We are seeking Company Operations Leader candidates with experience in sales, finance and manufacturing of beverages, and an entrepreneurial spirit to grow a small but established, growing brand.
The Operations Leader is responsible for the development of the short and long-term strategic plans to promote the profitability, innovation and growth of Som Drinking Vinegars. The position oversees the entire business to ensure production efficiency, quality, and cost effective management of resources. This role ensures that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative & reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the company with financial strength and operating excellence.
Executive and Financial
Help develop and implement monthly, annual and long-term strategic plans.
* Perform financial planning/analysis, cash resource management and budgeting ?
* Review performance against operating plans, analyze market conditions and recommend changes
* Create plans to control budget spending, labor efficiency, and material efficiency to promote profitability ?
* Evaluate financial/accounting processes, propose improvements and oversee implementation ?
* Manage partner and vendor relationships ?
* Lead employees to encourage maximum performance career progression ?
* Lead all employees of Som including production and sales staff ?
* Oversee all aspects of production operations to include: procurement, inbound logistics, ?production planning, packaging, quality control, processing, warehousing and outbound?logistics. ?
* Ensure operational compliance with facility safety, food safety and regulatory requirements. ?
* Identify and drive opportunities for efficiencies, cost control and operational excellence.
* Direct and manage all technical activities associated with new product and packaging development and introduction. ?
* Create and enhance strategic relationships with external vendors to reduce cost and, ensure continuity of supply, improve quality, reduce lead times, etc. ?
* Identify, negotiate and oversee all third-party co-packing operations
Sales and Marketing
* Manage and drive key sales, marketing and promotional initiatives.
* Develop, hire, train, and manage sales team. ?
* Ensure that proper brand standards and trade standards are represented
* Attend trade shows and represent brand (travel required) ??
* Manage priorities of sales team/brokers ?
* Manage national distribution network
* Requires bachelors degree in business administration (or related) OR 5+ years experience in beverage/ consumer products overseeing financials, human resources, sales and production
* Proven history of leading people, working hard and having an entrepreneurial spirit
* Strong analytical skills- ability to read and write financial plans, analyze business practices, ROI reports for investments or new business opportunities
* Highly skilled in planning, organizing, prioritizing, delegating and supervising
* Working knowledge of in-house food production systems including safety, sanitation, regulatory standards and ability to oversee 3rd party production similarly
* Knowledge of buying and sourcing materials for production including paper, glass, and ingredients used in producing finished products
* Strong written communication skills. Excel and Word proficient
* Beverage sales background a big plus
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.