Southeast Regional Sales Manager, Grocery
The Southeast Region Sales Manager Grocery (RSM) develops, executes, administers and coordinates strategic/tactical initiatives for the Region Account base within the assigned geography and customers for good2grow. This territory encompasses the Southeast (TX, GA, NC, SC, AK, OK, AL, MS, LA, VA, FL. MO, KS).
Reports to the Vice President of Sales and Business Development. The Individual will need to have proximity to a major airport. There are no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieves sales targets within approved trade spending rates for assigned accounts(s) by creating, selling, executing and communicating annual operating plans.
- Effectively utilizes good2grow’s analytical tools and processes to drive profitable sales
- Builds and maintains appropriate business, promotional plans and account profiles for all customers
- Responsible for delivering and forecasting sales volume monthly.
- Provides category and consumer insights and to drive market share
- Works closely with customers to build sales and distribution, grow market share and improve shelf space for good2grow.
- Development and execute secondary locations creating points of interruption.
- Successfully partners with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Finance, Operations and Business Insights & Analytics) to communicate strategies and create value for assigned customers.
- Leading Sales Marketing Agencies to successfully deliver KPI’s
- Performs all duties as requested by management
- BS or BA from an accredited college or university and year 5-7 years of regional grocery customer experience; MBA is a plus, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Understanding and experience leveraging IRI and other industry tools.
- Experience working with Harris Teeter, Food Lion, SEG, KVAT, Tom Thumb, Brookshire Grocery, Brookshire Bros, Ingles and Grocery Independents.
- Experience working with Wholesalers and DSD preferred.
- Self-motivated and driven
- Demonstrate ability to drive sales and business results
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, productive and collaborative relationships internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high growth work environment and prioritize initiatives
- Capable of using all technological resources provided to effectively gather information and proficiency in MS Office Suite a must (Excel, PowerPoint, Work and Outlook)
- Ability to follow good2grow policies and procedures as was as our operating principles
- Excellent written and communication skillsx
- 35%-50% Travel