Blake’s Hard Cider Co.
Do you have a passion for compliance and all things technical? Are you experienced with the various alcohol, cider and beer laws? What about nationally and at the state level? If you are still saying yes, then say yes to joining our growing team!
Blake’s Hard Cider Co. is looking to grow our team by adding a dedicated Compliance Analyst to coordinate and ensure that we continue to comply with government regulations and we continue to grow our footprint across the country. The primary focus of this job will be to continually work on staying current with alcohol laws in different states and on the federal level. Part of this position will also submit bi-monthly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting as required by the various agencies. A fair amount of field experience is needed in order to be successful.
Check out our story and a few of our awesome videos at www.blakeshardcider.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Here is a sample of some roles and duties that may be assigned:
- Prepare monthly MLCC Beer and Wine Tax returns
- Prepare bi-monthly TTB reporting
- Prepare out of state monthly/quarterly or annual reporting
- Ensure that all states are kept up to date for licensing purposes
- Ensure all products are licensed and labels are current for Federal purposes
- Ensure all products are licensed and labels are current in every state
- Register products in states that we launch prior to launch
- Review alcohol laws in any potential new states
- File formulas and COLAs with TTB as needed
- Manage UPC requirements for year-round and seasonal products
- Write-up SOPs / Abstract on each state’s alcohol laws
- Keep all salesperson licenses active in each state
- Research and keep current on Federal and State alcohol laws, regulations, interpretations and trending political and tax climate
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent, with higher education preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with alcohol regulations or in a compliance role
- Must be a self-starter with minimal supervision and good follow-through
- Ability to do routine business math calculations
- Energetic team player
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and integrity a must
- Maintain a neat and professional appearance
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel formulas and tables
- Able to use other Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Able to use OBeer Software, or experience in similar SAP application
- Demonstrate and maintain high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing
This position is a full time, year-round, exempt position and offers:
- Competitive Salary Based on Experience
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with basic match
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to HR @ blakefarms.com. Please title your email “Experienced Compliance Analyst” and write a few sentences on why you think you’d be a good fit here at Blake’s Hard Cider! We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.