Blake Farms & Blake's Hard Cider
POSITION: Marketing Manager – Blake Farms
We are looking for a Marketing Manager (MM) to handle the organization of Blake Farms and Blake’s Hard Cider. You will work under the supervision of the Director of Marketing to create job orders for designers, plan events, be a brand ambassador for both entities, manage social media platforms, and work with a variety of vendors. The MM must have a willingness to conceptualize, plan and execute large and small-scale events, like Painting and Pints nights, The Michigan Lavender Festival, and 5k runs. The position will require strong writing skills for press releases, email blasts, and social media content creation. MM may be required to work outside events as well, like tastings, festivals, trade shows, etc. The most important qualities this MM must have are organizational skills and a strong work ethic with an outgoing personality.
MM is responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for an entire organization (or lines of business and brands within an organization) in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
In this role, you should be highly motivated, organized, and creative, with strong time management skills. It is also crucial that this person have strong communication skills with a passion for working with the public. MUST be comfortable talking with the public! If you are passionate about marketing, are extremely organized, enjoy planning events, and are eager to learn more through various projects, we’d like to meet you.
Blake Farms is an ever-growing business with many unique facets. Blake’s is a destination for bringing people together to making lasting memories at our family owned and operated farm that has been in business since 1946. Here you will find a working environment that feels much more like a family environment in which to practice your craft and add value to a progressive and ever evolving business to learn more about us visit www.blakefarms.com and check out a few of our awesome videos at www.blakeshardcider.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You goal will be to manage projects, create job orders for designers, meet deadlines, execute events, and more. Includes the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Understand project requirements and concepts
- Create detailed job orders for designers to reference when opening a project
- Meet weekly with owners and managers to define their marketing needs
- Prioritize and organize all projects for designers
- Pitch creative ideas that enhance projects
- Collaborate with team members to launch designs
- Plan and execute events in the Tasting Room
- Create content for weekly e-blasts for both companies
- Assist in planning large and small events by creating promotions, executing the distribution of said promotions, and be present for executing the events.
- Assist designers with on premise projects like chalkboards, posters, pricing signs, displays, etc.
- Manage Hard Cider social media platforms by creating and posting creative content with calls to action
- Assist Marketing Director in Public Relations needs by writing press releases, communicating with bloggers and social media influencers, etc.
- Assist Web Developer with updating content on our sites, like changing the hours of operation, updating POS materials on distributor site, and updating weekly u-pick on farm site
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- At least 2 years’ experience in Marketing
- Experience with design software (e.g. Illustrator) and graphics editing tools (e.g. Photoshop)
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, type and fonts)
- Excellent communication ability
- Organization skills (this is a must!)
- Upbeat and outgoing personality with a passion for working with people
- Teamwork skills
- A keen eye for detail
- A passion for events
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Design or a related field
This position is a full-time, salary position and offers:
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with basic match
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Chelsea @ blakefarms.com. Please title your email “Experienced Marketing Manager” and write a few sentences on why you think you’d be a good fit here at Blake’s! This position will be based in Armada, Michigan. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.