Brand Sales Representative
Candidate must be a self-starter. Candidate must be able to maintain business-like behavior during and after consumption of alcohol. Candidates must have flexible schedule; ability to work nights and weekends. Candidates must also have a clean driving record, and must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. The ideal candidate will already live in the Triangle Area and have an in-depth knowledge of the local craft beer scene.
- “On the Street” Sales
- Coordinate and support brewery events (tastings and festivals) that generate brand awareness and consumer sampling, as well as new distribution at target accounts; goal of setting up at least one event per week
- Develop key customers in each territory and attain a proprietary relationship with said retailers to gain sales and distribution
- Work with distributor(s) to design, print, and/or put up signage in bars regarding Hi-Wire, particularly with key accounts
- Be a key point of contact with accounts and distributor representatives in your territory, responding to any and all inquires and requests
- Participate in “ride withs” with sales reps and team leaders from each distributor in entire territory
- Attend, on average, two out of town promotional events per month
- This may include several days in a row for: expansion into new markets, sales pushes, in coordination with festival weekends, et cetera
- There may be other weeks where this person will be entirely in Asheville
- Elicit feedback from the market on what could help propel the brand further and report to owners, including: pricing, point-of-sale items, et cetera
- Distributor Relationships
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with distributor sales personnel
- Coordinate wholesaler education for new beer releases and for seasonal beer releases
- Manage incentives for distributor sales reps in each market
- Organizational / Reporting
- Keep a weekly/bi-weekly planner of goals and account calls within each wholesale territory
- Manage training and scheduling of volunteers for festivals/events
- Evaluate effectiveness of pint nights vis-à-vis future “reorder” sales
- Ensure festival team has equipment and merchandise ready prior to events
- Know pricing of all Hi-Wire products, plus general pricing of similar craft and import beer competitors in territory
- Other Duties
- Respond to general business e-mail inquiries and forward pertinent information accordingly
- Work with marketing assistant to update website calendar
- Participate in social media – at the least to provide details of events in which Hi-Wire is participating
- Perform other duties as assigned
What Attributes Will Make You A Strong Candidate For This Role?
- Previous experience working with or within distributors/wholesalers and understanding what makes them work and succeed is a plus.
- A solid understanding of the Three Tier system – how the relationships work from Supplier to Wholesaler and from Wholesaler to Retailer.
- The ability to obtain results through third party management and influence.
- Knowledge of the key retail players in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill market – On Premise, Off Premise, Chain, Independent
- Being able to manage your calendar and not letting your calendar manage you
- Follow up…..follow up….and more follow up skills needed
- Organized and efficient with your time and efforts
- Being able to work without a tremendous amount of daily/weekly supervision
- Innovative ideas and not being afraid to think outside the box
- Gas will be paid for by Hi-Wire for vehicles use in association with Hi-Wire events
- A cell phone plan – employee must provide their own phone – will also be paid for
- A per-week allowance for events Hi-Wire participates in will be provided
- Health insurance benefits are offered to employees after an initial probationary period
This is an incredible opportunity to join a fast paced and rapidly growing craft brewery in the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic! Feel free to show us what you’ve got and tell us what you’ve been up to – we’re looking for “go-getters” and people who want to leave their thumbprint on something they started. Look forward to hearing from you!
At Hi-Wire, we strive to be as independent and authentic as possible, while maintaining an approachability to our beers. Located in Asheville, North Carolina , Hi-Wire Brewing embraces its craft from top to bottom – from its highly drinkable, hand-crafted brews to its artwork, hand-drawn by a local artist. Our light-hearted circus theme embodies the fun, authenticity, and creativity of this deep-rooted craft; our work environment, ethic, and culture reflect this commitment.
Hi-Wire Brewing is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.