Store Development Director
National Co+op Grocers
Store Development professionals, do you enjoy business travel, working independently while still being part of a development team? Would you be committed to helping independent cooperative food retailers nationwide grow and expand their business through your expertise in store expansion and new store development?
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) is looking to hire a Store Development Director. This position will work in NCG's Development Cooperative (NCG DC) and will assist our member food co-ops across the country better meet the needs of their community through new store development. We are looking for a proven leader who will support the success of retail food co-ops and improve their ability to positively impact their communities by helping them compete in a rapidly changing marketplace.
Primary Store Development Responsibilities:
- Providing overall project guidance, including the development, implementation and maintenance of the project timeline and development strategies for all aspects of the store development process.
- Developing a complete project business plan and budget.
- Developing a plan for the project’s capital structure and supporting the client in the pursuit of necessary financing for the project.
- Coaching client in selecting a quality site for the new store.
- Coaching client in their negotiation of lease terms or purchase agreement as applicable.
- Coaching client with architect and contractor selection and oversight.
- Assisting client with organizational planning and capacity building to meet the needs of the larger organization.
- Assisting with the monitoring, troubleshooting and adjustments as needed to the construction and build-out, equipment installation, project timeline, and cost management.
- Store opening preparation and planning including development and implementation of a plan for new store operating and staffing systems.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, management, or business administration and/or a minimum of ten years progressively responsible management experience.
- At least 5 years of Retail Grocery Management experience preferred.
- At least 3 years of Project management experience.
- At least 3 years of new store development and store opening experience.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor managers (department and general managers) a plus.
- Supervisory experience, team-building skills, and the ability to direct a professional, high-functioning team.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among diverse stakeholders.
- Proven experience in developing strategic plans, budgets, and managing resources within budgetary limitations.
- Experience with consumer cooperatives preferred.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy – Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel up to 50% with multi-overnight stays; occasionally nights and weekends.
- Willingness and ability to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the job.
Our people are our greatest asset; we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.
This position preferably will be based out of NCG's St. Paul, Minnesota office but for the right candidate, may be based out of any of NCG’s five office locations. Relocation assistance is available for this opportunity!
Conveniently located between St. Paul and Minneapolis
2610 University Ave W, Suite 210 | St. Paul, MN 55114
Free Parking | Front Door Light Rail Station (Westgate - Green Line)
About NCG: Locally owned by members of the community, co-ops keep their investment dollars in the vicinity by supporting local farmers, food artisans, and other local businesses, and providing jobs for people in the area. Be a part of something great!
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) is a member-owned purchasing and business service cooperative providing a variety of services to retail food co-ops in 37 states. NCG helps unify food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and offer more value to food co-op shoppers everywhere. NCG provides a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. We are a group of passionate, intelligent, and disciplined people working to improve the food supply and grow the cooperative economy. NCG is well suited for talented individuals seeking to make a difference in our world through their work. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit our Find-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.strongertogether.coop.
Apply By: August 12, 2018