Vermont Creamery Director of Sales -Specialty Cheese - (R-3882)
Land O'Lakes Dairy Foods division is a leading marketer of a full line of dairy-based consumer, food service and food ingredient products across the United States. This division also includes Global Dairy Ingredients that sells a portfolio of value-added dairy ingredients (specialty powders, milk powder, cheese, butter and whey) and offers expertise to large international customers.
Job Description and Qualifications
Vermont Creamery is seeking a Director of Sales to lead our sales team as we grow!
YOU: Motivated by growth opportunities with proven ability to lead a dynamic and talented sales organization. You’ve got deep industry experience and know how to get big things done in the name of little cheeses. You understand the mechanics of building a winning sales strategy and team – and reporting on your successes and opportunities. A passion for artisan dairy wouldn’t hurt either.
US: An entrepreneurial bunch on a mission to bring the best butter and cheese to Americans. Our team is small, but with our new PIC (partner in cheese) Land O’Lakes, anything is possible. Did we mention our love of artisan dairy is larger than life. We’re using our business to drive social and environmental change: Giving back to the people who support us, preserving the natural resources we depend on, and leaving the world a little better than we found it.
This role can be remote based within the continental US or located in Arden Hills, MN.
The Director of Sales is responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of all elements of the Vermont Creamery sales strategy and execution. Key accountabilities include;
- Delivering growth, volume, and profit goals
- Building, and motivating a high-performance sales team
- Delivering distribution, shelving, merchandising and pricing objectives
- Creating strategic plans to maximize impact and influence within the distributor channel
- Developing trade plans, customer relationships, and promotional strategies
- Monitoring and reporting sales performance
- Advising the Vermont Creamery and Land O’Lakes leadership teams
- Maintain Brand presence and reputation in Specialty Cheese through fostering legacy customer relationship and build new partnerships
Experience & Education (Required):
- 7+ years of experience in a sales and key account leadership role within the specialty cheese and/or specialty food industry
- 4+ years of experience managing a sales team
- 4+ years managing the specialty foods (or similar) distributor channel, and effectively influencing their sales teams for mutual benefit
- 4-year college degree (Bachelor’s)
Competencies & Skills (Required):
- Food passionate or curious with interest in mission-driven brand
- Self-starting, goal directed with proven ability to achieve results through self and others
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, persuasive skills
- Intellectual curiosity and strong analytical skills with the ability to process large amounts of data and develop recommendations and action plans accordingly
- Strong financial (trade management) acumen
- Ability to perform effectively in a team and matrixed environment
- Action bias with an ability to manage shifting and multiple priorities
- Proven ability to build effective multi-level cross functional relationship
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel
Experience & Education (Preferred):
- CPG experience within the broader perishables grocery industry
- People management experience in a decentralized off-site environment
Competencies & Skills (Preferred):
- IRI and/or Nielsen syndicated data usage and interpretation
- Strategic sales planning for large national retailers
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Primary Location: US-Minnesota-Arden HillsJob
Function: SalesOrganization: Dairy Foods
Job Type: Experienced
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time