Head Cider Maker
Blake's Hard Cider Co.
Are you interested in the growing hard cider & craft brewing industry? We are seeking a hard-working person to join our growing production team!
DESCRIPTION / JOB SUMMARY
Our Company is looking to grow our production team by adding a Head Cider Maker! We are seeking an experienced and ambitious Head Cider Maker to join our team to help refine our current cider program and further catalyze our growth. The position will focus on research and development of new ciders as well as production of our core brands, and several limited release products each year. The candidate will be detail oriented, efficient with paperwork and possess strong organization and management skills. The Head Cider Maker position has enormous potential for growth as we continue to produce and expand.
We’ve been growing good times and our own apples for over 70 years here at Blake’s. Our Cider Mill added a Tasting Room with a full kitchen in 2013 and we’ve never looked back! We are a high energy, success-driven team with a focus on making a positive impression on every single person that walks through our door. Check out our story and a few of our awesome videos at www.blakeshardcider.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Here is a sample of some roles and duties that may be assigned:
- Overseeing, planning, and executing day-to-day cidermaking activities from crush through packaging to ensure maximum productivity, efficiency, accuracy, and quality standards.
- Ensuring that every product maintains the highest level of quality and consistency standards.
- Pressing apples and ensuring pressing is efficient, effective, and sanitary.
- Staying up to date with industry trends, flavor profiles, techniques, and tools is a critical component of this job.
- Share responsible with management for ensuring that all tank movements, additions & depletions are recorded accurately and timely.
- Assist with planning of employee’s daily tasks, and balancing pressing, canning, and bottling production needs.
- New and creative projects related to cider, brewing, and other fermented liquids are expected to be released on a regular schedule, to insure we are staying relevant and on the forefront of industry trends.
- Other duties include: inventory management, plan development, cellar SOP and cidermaking protocol review and development, sanitation monitoring and other assignments.
- Educate our Tasting Room staff regarding flavor profiles, selling points, process educational. May include assisting Tasting Room with product(s).
- Possible travel to industry conferences, present material, etc
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years of experience in a production role at a cidery or brewery in a lead development role
- Excellent understanding of the principles of production & the cider making process
- Excellent understanding of the principles of Logistics
- Ability to take initiative and work with a limited amount of direction and work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals; must be self-motivated
- Must be a self-starter with minimal supervision and good documentation and follow-through
- Have a natural teaching ability and outgoing personality
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing
- Able to use Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be able to lift and move at least 150 pounds repeatedly (1/2 barrel full weight)
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day
- Weekend and night work is required
- Preferred: Operate a forklift safely
- Preferred: Excellent knowledge of the industry and trends impacting the business.
This position is a full time, year-round, exempt position and offers:
- Competitive Salary Based on Experience
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Health Insurance (Blue Care Network)
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with basic match
To apply, please email your resume along with a cover letter detailing why you think you’d be a good fit. If you feel you are the perfect candidate, please email us at HR @ blakefarms.com with the title “Experienced Cider Developer.” We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.