Quality Assurance Manager
Better Booch LLC
At Better Booch, you would be working with a team of young, passionate and health-conscious people. We are a fast growing beverage company, currently expanding our national distribution. We're looking for a well trained QA Manager to head our Quality department.
Position Summary: The Quality Assurance Manager plans, executes, and oversees all initiatives and process’ to ensure product quality, product safety, and regulatory compliance throughout the company’s supply chain. Primary responsibilities include the development of systems and practices which results all products are manufactured and distributed to meeting and exceeding specifications and company established standards.
- Manage and lead the daily activities of all Quality Assurance and Sanitation programs as it relates to the company’s Beverage Manufacturing Plant.
- Development and on-going maintenance of the company’s HACCP programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees are trained, understand and follow company GMPs and food safety practices and adhere to established quality standards and safety guidelines.
- Establish formalized and scheduled training programs for all company employees in the areas of Quality Assurance and Sanitation that will instill and foster a “quality first” attitude company wide.
- Develop policies, procedures and systems for the management of 3rd party audits.
- Responsible for external and internal product testing.
- Responsible for maintaining current records of all QA data which include current product and ingredient specifications and vendor qualifications as well as MSDS data.
- Develop, implement and oversee vendor qualification programs, supplier audits and monitoring programs.
- Handles all communication and coordination of activities with all regulatory agencies.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 2 years’ experience in Quality Assurance Management.
- Direct experience with HACCP, GMP, and Food Safety Programs required.
- Food and Beverage or related industry experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate up and down the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Experience with Food Manufacturing Plant Operations a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and adaptable to various technical business applications (cloud based).
- Previous Beverage Manufacturing or Bottling experience a plus.
- Familiarity with SQF (BRC certifications a plus).
- Spanish Speaking a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Job Type: Full-time