Director of Procurement
- Directs the purchasing department, the coordination of production materials, supplies, and services. Supports the establishment of strategic partnerships, and the maintenance of fair and ethical purchasing policies and practices.
- Will be responsible for a portion of these activities personally, including, but not limited to, packaging film, corrugated, ingredients, and other raw materials.
- Participates as needed in project activities with other departments, customers, and/or suppliers.
- Establishes and maintains a positive employee relations culture. Improves the managerial and technical skill of subordinates through training and coaching.
- Efficiently manages Materials Department costs through the O F & R budgeting process.
- Maintains awareness of the commodities with the Commodities Manager, President and CFO via market research and analysis of market trends.
- Travels to customers and suppliers as needed.
- Monitors and minimizes days on hand (DOH) through planning and coordination with sales, operations, customers, and suppliers.
- Manages third party manufacturers, development of business agreements, placing orders and ensuring compliance via receipt of all documentation related to food safety.
- Communicate via telephone or email with internal and external customers.
- Minimum of BA/BS degree in business or related field required.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in materials management.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a managerial role.
- Experience in production planning, including MRP, is mandatory.
- Must have knowledge of material/purchasing management in a high volume, consumer product environment.
- Must have knowledge of film and corrugate consumer packaging and agricultural commodities.
- Strong background in automated MRP, EDI and internet systems.
- Strong background in Microsoft Word and Excel skills are essential.
- Must possess excellent human relations and leadership skills.