Senior Financial Analyst
Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will be supporting our Global Sales team, you will have the opportunity to own the P&L for multiple branded platforms and geographies while partnering with the Sales teams to help drive the business forward! This role performs highly complex and interpretive financial analyses that are both historical and forward looking. You will be expected to present analysis and recommendations to management, from both a financial and strategic lens. This role may perform business analytics, create customer pricing, monthly forecasting, risk & opportunity planning, metrics & scorecards and various ad-hoc analyses. Reporting to the CFO, this role will be located in our West Loop office.
What you will be responsible for:
- Serve as a business partner for the Sales team on accounting and finance related questions.
- Participate in the preparation and compilation of the annual operating plan (AOP) and strategic plan for assigned component of the P&L and related balance sheet accounts.
- Update the monthly forecast for assigned function based on business changes. Actively communicate changes to business partners by providing specific, actionable and forward-looking commentary on the various changes as well as guidance on potential risk.
- Participate actively in monthly consensus meeting on items such as volume, trade, and advertising and promotional spending.
- Contribute to month-end/quarter-end close activities to ensure completion of assigned tasks, including identification and resolution of unusual items and issues in a timely manner.
- Provide comprehensive financial analysis and models for various requests depending on the assigned function (product development, customer analysis, competitive analysis, pricing, etc.).
- Responsible for project work that will rotate and cut across several different financial disciplines including, but not limited to FP&A, new product development, manufacturing investments, and in-market investments.
- Lead the creation of innovation P+Ls
- Development of metrics, scorecards and reporting for assigned function.
- Evaluate and deliver periodic metrics, scorecards and reports
- Participate and/or lead various finance wide-projects, projects will vary depending on business needs.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 5 years of professional general business and financial experience
- Proven ability to self-motivate in a fast paced environment, ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment.
- Background and experience in P&L management, along with knowledge of financial systems and general accounting concepts.
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with internal customers, peers and effectively manage those relationships.
- Experience effectively working across multiple departments to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Experience with SAP or other software tools preferred.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, including leveraging analytics, benchmarking, and insights to generate meaningful strategies and solutions.