Director of Operations/Supply Chain
Miss Jones Baking Co.
ABOUT MISS JONES BAKING CO.
MISS JONES BAKING CO. (http://www.missjones.co) was founded in August 2015 to provide consumers with a better way to bake. Hailed by the media as the millennial version of Betty Crocker, the company has garnered profiles in USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, SF Chronicle, Vogue, Food and Wine, InStyle, and more. The company was first to market with organic ready-to-use frostings, and has gained distributed in over 5000 stores. The current product line includes six varieties of organic ready-to-use frostings, six varieties of organic baking mixes, and six varieties of microwavable desserts-in-a-cup.
Supply Chain Responsibilities:
- Manage all vendor relationships and all aspects of the supply chain, including production/co-packing, transportation, warehousing, and raw materials
- Work in conjunction with CEO and sales team to develop accurate S&OP forecasts
- Develop processes and manage the order processing and fulfillment functions
- Manage MRP and inventory of all raw materials, packaging, and finished goods
- Ensure current suppliers have adequate capacity to meet company’s growth trajectory
- Develop and implement plans to significantly reduce COGS across-the-board
- Responsible for scale-up and commercialization of all new products
- Identification of new co-packers as well as raw material and packaging suppliers as needed to ensure both capacity and quality needs are being met
- Work with new and existing suppliers to improve the reliability and efficiency of the supply chain
- Responsible for monthly cost and margin reporting on raw materials, packaging, finished goods, warehousing, and freight
- Work with Finance to establish additional procedures such as yield tracking at all co-pack facilities
- Responsible for the design and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met during production
- Develop and maintain useful raw material, packaging, and finished product specifications
- Ensure that flawless crisis management procedures are in place and tested
- Continuously improve all aspects of product quality through regular GMP audits of copackers, vendors, and distributors
- Maintain compliance with nutritional labeling and product package claims
- Maintain/develop all required product certifications (e.g., Non--GMO Project, Fair Trade, Kosher, etc.)
- Develop and issue manufacturing instructions for new products and processes
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
Operations/Quality experience in a CPG company. Candidate will need to posses ability to rapidly develop an in--depth knowledge of company products and business operations. The position requires team and individual leadership skills as well as a strong sense of urgency in all matters related to the health of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a team
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years experience
- Credible track record of implementing quality systems
- Ability to work within an entrepreneurial non--structured environment
Above all, this person must possess the highest levels of integrity and character with a limitless amount of energy and creativity. Honed analytical problem solving skills are essential. A strong desire and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done. Team oriented, collegial, and collaborative traits a must. Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- Position will be based in Emeryville, CA
- Report to CEO/Founder
- Position eligible for Equity and Bonus
- Company Benefits included
- Position will require substantial travel. Actual travel time will vary based on specific business activity and demands at any given time