Director of Operations
This is a rare opportunity to join as a founding team member of Sonoma Brand’s next incubated CPG brand. The Director of Operations will play a critical role in successfully brining products to market by engineering the entire operations and logistics infrastructure including a robust DTC platform, and multi-channel retail expansion as we disrupt across categories with a fresh, clean and convenient proposition.
Pervious food/beverage cold chain experience and vendor relationships are critical success drivers to this ‘hit-the-ground- running’ environment. The Director of Operations will be responsible for the development and execution of procurement framework and management, demand planning, inventory management, customer/distributor fulfillment and forward-looking direct-to-consumer strategies to support business priorities.
The role not only demands a seasoned strategic lens, but also a tactical team player willing to roll up their sleeve and dive into the weeds. It will require a mix of proactive analysis and strategic development, as well as cross-functional leadership and excellent project management.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, implement and manage the brand’s operations infrastructure pre-launch and continuously evolve to support multi-channel growth
- Leverage previous cold chain experience to develop and manage logistic framework
- Plan for and monitor brand demand, inventory and production needs based on the brand’s commercial plan and performance across all channels
- Work closely with Marketing and Customer Service teams to incorporate and inform brand plans, innovation pipeline, promotional calendar and communication priorities
- Work closely with Sales team to understand needs by distributor, DC and retailer
- Own relationships with all vendors/suppliers to manage supply, negotiate pricing, and effectively balance run rate and inventory position
- Identify and realize opportunities to capture packaging, production, fulfillment and shipping efficiencies by always thinking creatively and solving problems in real-time
- Lead monthly reporting in terms of COGS, sales, and margin, and partner with brand leadership to hit P&L targets
- Drive continuous improvement efforts between Marketing, Operations, R&D, QA, and all vendor partners
- Continuously monitor CPG/food + beverage e-commerce landscape for best practices and innovative ideas
- Experience in establishing and/or managing cold chain logistics for short shelf life perishable products
- Experience managing e-commerce or direct sales business with P&L visibility
- Strategic vision paired with tactical attitude and ability
- Strong analytical, financial and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as be a team player
- Capacity to thrive in an agile, fast paced startup environment
If this sounds like you, please send a resume and brief statement of interest to Lauren Egan at email@example.com