Sales Account Executive
Copra is a young company at the forefront of the health food movement. We are the premium supplier of bulk tropical ingredients from Thailand, specializing in coconut products such as frozen organic coconut water and meat, coconut milk, and organic coconut nectar. All our products are 100% pure and healthy, processed to a bare minimum and free of preservatives and additives.
We are looking for a young, organized and ambitious individual to help us with sales. You will be expected to build a strong working relationship with your customers over email, phone and in person. Copra is known in the industry for its excellent customer service and you will maintain this reputation as the front line of sales and often the first point of contact. We establish deeper and stronger ties with our customers than the average vendor. Your direct ongoing communication with our customers will also give us crucial insight as we expand into new products.
Our main markets are food service, health food brands, natural retailers and restaurants. Previous experience in the food service or natural retail channel is a definite plus.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with sales team to develop sales strategies, detailed plans and targets.
- Oversee small team of salespeople in charge of generating leads across the U.S. and internationally and conducting initial outreach.
- Manage all follow up. This will require tracking a multitude of leads on Salesforce at the same time and following up via phone and email as necessary.
- Generate your own leads and cold call as needed.
- Convert leads into customers. You will work with our distributors and their sales teams to maximize existing customer sales and close new customers. You will help us expand our distribution network.
- Develop ongoing relationships with existing customers to ensure customer satisfaction and introduce new products. Handle all initial feedback, positive or negative. You must be an excellent communicator.
- Manage Salesforce on a detailed basis. Ensure that all information is complete, accurate and that we are using the platform to maximum effect. Track your performance against sales goals using Salesforce reports and our customized dashboard.
- Work with Copra team in US and Thailand to customize packaging and develop new products.
The ideal candidate is:
- Extremely organized, never lets anything fall through the cracks.
- Comfortable with data tracking, reports and experimenting with complex platforms such as Salesforce.
- A people person -- you must be willing to cold call and speak to anyone in any type of organization. You are the type of person who can talk to anyone and easily establish a connection.
- Able to multi task and manage multiple stakeholders and projects.
- Adaptable and comfortable in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- A self-starter with ample self-motivation.
- Passionate about healthy food.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus but not required.
- Experience with the food and beverage industry is a plus but not required.