Regional Sales Manager- Western Region
Fishpeople is accelerating its growth and searching for a “game changing” Western Region Sales Manager (RSM) to elevate the company and increase market share for our market-leading shelf-stable gourmet seafood soups, our recently launched award-winning frozen seafood meals kits, as well as our exciting pipeline of innovations. The RSM will have a leadership role in expanding our penetration with current Retailers and establishing new relationships with national and regional retail accounts. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in growing share with CPG brands in multiple temperature classes within multi-channel retail channels (Natural/ Specialty, Conventional, Club Stores and C-Stores), as well as an exceptional track record of new business development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the Company’s key western retail channels in the successful attainment of all planned sales goals
- Create and implement account strategies and tactical plans within approved spending rates to achieve Company’s Goals and Objectives around distribution, availability, sell-thru, promotion, and pricing that will support volume and shared growth targets
- Develop business building presentations and timely reviews our retail customers through effective use of syndicated data, customer channel data, trade information and brand.
- Possess executive disposition to successfully steward retailer relationships across multiple departments and drive support of Fishpeople’s strategies to elevate seafood
- Build/ sustain strong ongoing partnership with Supply Chain/ Operations team to ensure that supply is available to support Retailer demand
- Exhibit exceptional, professional verbal/ written communication skills.
- Demonstrate success in working remotely to achieve success in market and across multiple teams.
- Utilize your CPG industry network to identify emerging market trends, bringing a competitive advantage to Fishpeople
- Ensure forecast accuracy, by delivering a quality product, in the proper quantity at the agreed upon time and price.
- Support build of Annual Operating Plan with key functional counter-parts, in order layout a roadmap for future growth opportunities.
- Meet all required/ requested administrative deadlines (e.g., S & OP, R & O), complete, on time, and with actionable information
- Support Wholesale organization and an ability to generate qualified intros to retail seafood buyers
- Support strong culture within the team, embracing the company’s mission and values
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 5-7 years in sales positions of increasing responsibility within interior (grocery) and perimeter (perishable) better-for-you CPG categories. Seafood or Proteins industry CPG experience a plus
- Strong belief in the mission of Fishpeople, and the ability to articulate our value proposition as a key differentiation vs. commodity offerings
- Ability to excel in an entrepreneurial environment with demonstrated experience in developing new processes required to scale new brands/ categories/ customers
- Ability to make market-informed recommendations towards successfully building a brand, demonstrating “agility” to iterate our strategies as required to respond to market conditions
- Exceptional negotiation skills with ability to leverage quantitative/ qualitative consumer insights to drive share/ shelving gains with formal/ informal Category Reviews
- Strong business acumen skills; advanced financial (retail math), Sales forecasting and P&L knowledge/understanding towards optimizing trade fund budgets to include clearing deductions
- “Roll-up your sleeves” mentality with the ability to handle the ambiguity and pace required of an early stage company in a high growth mode.
- Highly effective presentation skills; persuasiveness and sales abilityResult orientation and high accountability mindset
- Solid technical skills, including Microsoft Office, Nielsen/ IRI/ SPINS Consumer Insights and Category Management principles
- 4-year college degree, preferably in Business
Locations: West coast (Seattle, Portland, Bay Area, Southern California) with close access to major airport. Would also consider Western location (Denver, Las Vegas, etc.) You can anticipate traveling approximately 30-50% and will be working from a home office.
What we bring to the table:
We are a Benefit Corporation which means for every business decision we make, we weigh the impact it has on the community, the environment and our profit. This is your chance to join a small dynamic team that is expanding nationally. We are collaborative, working across departments to meet shared goals. We value teamwork, your ability to own your function, agility, and ‘all in’ passion for our mission and what you do!
We offer competitive salaries, medical/dental/disability benefits, paid time off, Flexible spending accounts, and the opportunity to grow with our company. If you’re passionate about what you do, and you want to grow your business development career within the industry, don’t pass up this opportunity!