District Sales Manager
Tipp Distributors, Inc dba Novamex
Novamex, established in 1986, is the leading marketer of Hispanic soft drinks, foods, and other authentic Hispanic brands in the United States.
Are you looking for more than just a job; for a company where you're more than just an employee, you're a team member; a place where you can earn above average pay and a company that still believes in rewarding their team members?
Refresh your career by joining and leading our dynamic sales team as a District Sales Manager. This position will report to the Sales Division Manager and is full-time position based out of Northern Florida or Tennessee.
Manages all sale and HQ calls for the district(s) by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieves excellence in placement and presentation at retail store locations.
- Negotiates to maintain store conditions at highest level of product placement.
- Works to impact sales at store level by obtaining authorization from store managers to create sales orders.
- Create plans and promotions to execute at store level.
- Performs duties to achieve maximum return of MDF Programs.
- Promote all brands and all packages consistently and on a timely basis throughout the entire region to distributors and direct customers
- Keep track of and report all competitive activity and market changes to your supervisor on a timely basis
- Process all deductions an all promotions within the time lines set up in the MDF policy. Request payback on all unauthorized deductions
- Provides constructive feedback to employees on product placement and negotiation of desired shelf space.
- Acts as lead to drive and coordinate programs at store level.
- Follows up with Store Managers and decision makers to ensure customer satisfaction, and/or uncover opportunities for improvement.
- Fosters creative environment to provide for fresh and innovative store level initiatives.
- Increases visibility and turnover of product at retail locations.
- Responsible for the completion of assigned projects within agreed budget and time parameters.
- Other duties as assigned.
The candidate needs to be self-motivated, organized, and highly productive, with the ability to work well on a diverse and highly qualified team in a fast-paced work environment. Be effective in working as a member of a team within the sales department as well as with other personnel and other areas within Novamex.
Excellent customer service skills, analytical abilities as well verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish. Must be able to multi-task on multiple projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must be able to make business and financial related decisions based on the ability to meet Sales Volume Budget and MDF Budgets. This job will require a lot of driving of a company vehicle; therefore, driving record must be acceptable. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.S/ B.A.) from a four-year college; and/or 5+ years of related experience; related experience in DSD (direct store delivery); ideally in carbonated soft drinks or premium non-alcoholic drinks; demonstrated experience leading, managing & supervising a team or department; expertise and familiarity in financial area including budget planning & control, analysis of financial statements, and P & L’s. Experience working with cross-functional teams.
Bilingual English/Spanish is a must. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. . Overall excellent communication and writing skills.
Excel – Advanced level
Word – Advanced level
Power Point – Advanced level
Internet – Advanced level
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License in State where working.
May indirectly supervises the Sales Representatives and Merchandisers, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be willing to travel approximately 40% of the time (sometimes higher as needs dictate). Some weekend work may be expected as required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Novamex requires all applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Novamex is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check which includes a drug screening. Driving records, including minor moving violations, will be evaluated according to our company guidelines to determine eligibility for the merchandising position. Novamex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year