Salary: X Full Time Part Time Status: Non-Exempt X Exempt
Will develop, build, manage, negotiate, and execute the purchasing of all raw materials, goods, equipment, and services with vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Draft and implement supplier agreements, negotiate contract terms, conditions, and pricing.
- Establishes purchasing policies and ensure compliance.
- Create supplier partnerships and stay appraised of economic and business situations related to our supply chain.
- Manage vendor relationships and take lead on resolving vendor conflicts or issues.
- Develops new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
- Evaluates potential suppliers for quality, price, sustainability, reliability and integrity.
- Examines bids and awards purchasing orders.
- Establishes account/credit and terms.
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period.
- Works closely with quality department to maintain supplier approval program, track COA’s, spec sheets, and certification documents.
- Works closely with receiving department to ensure proper supplies arrived and are traced and inventoried.
- Evaluates and scorecards suppliers for communication, timeliness and overall performance.
- Creates contingency plans and identifies backup suppliers to protect supply chain
- Complies with safety and company guidelines on business ethics.
- Adhere to all GoMacro safety rules/guidelines, and even general obvious hazardous in your work area whether or not a specific safety rule or policy exists
- Other job duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at anytime with or without notice
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Some University level education with an emphasis in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management, or 3+ years of relevant work experience in a similar position.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and positive
- Must be a self-starter – have initiative
- Team player with a “can do” attitude
- Exceptional relationship builder with external partners, vendors, and event coordinators
- Must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Clear and concise verbal and written skills
- Problem solving skills and desire to bring solutions to challenging business problems
- Must be able to work with other departments, including accounting, production, scheduling and shipping.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), Internet Browsers and experience with ERP software platforms (SAP B1 preferred)
- Ability to read and interpret English language documents such as safety rules, operations and maintenance instructions or procedural manuals.
Reporting Relationship Reports to: Director of Operations
Physical and Environmental Conditions Based on an 8 hour workday
Never = 0 hrs Rarely = 0-2 hrs Occasionally = 2-4 hrs Frequently = 4-6 hrs Continuously = 6-8 hrs
Corrected Vision must include:
- Seeing 20/20
- Normal Distinguishing colors
- Normal Depth Perception
- Close Vision
- Distance Vision
- Color vision
- Peripheral vision
Ability to frequently lift and move objects up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 lbs. from ground level, move approximately 10 feet and perform this at least 5 times in succession without danger of injury.
Corrected Hearing skills must include:
- Normal frequency sensitivity
- Normal frequency selection
Speaking skills must include being understandable when speaking:
- In person
- On the telephone
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role frequently uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.