Sales Account Manager
Sales Account Manager
San Francisco, CA
chirpschips.com | @chirpschips
At Chirps, we make healthy, delicious, and sustainable foods from insects. Come join our fun team to fix the broken food system!
Please email email@example.com if you’re interested.
Are you someone who is well rounded, a quick learner, and excited about working in a fast-paced start-up? We are looking for someone who wants to make a big impact to join our small team to bring insect foods to the mainstream. Much of what we do can be learned, but what can’t be learned is a positive attitude, a willingness to support other team members, and grit. If that sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
Start Date: February or March 2018
What it’s all about: This is an opportunity to be the first sales hire in a fast-growing, ambitious company. You’ll be in the thick of it—you’ll build sales infrastructure with distribution, brokerage, and accounts from stores to alternate channels like zoos and elementary schools.
- create and manage partnerships with distributors, brokers, and retailers
- create (with Co-Founders) and execute a monthly volume and distribution plan
- establish promotion calendars, new items, and retail programs where relevant
- collaborate on PoS materials with marketing team
- log key activities and prospects in CRM platform
- preach the gospel to own + lead brand presence at trade shows
- manage customer sample fulfillment
- have 2-3 years of experience in sales within a consumer packaged goods company (preferably beverage and/or natural products).
- care about the environment, people, and food.
- are independent—you check in frequently and crush it when you’re on your own.
- enjoy hustling—you’re scrappy, you love being an underdog, and you can figure things out on the fly.
- like working in a start-up environment where things change fast and you can change with them
- like kids and have experience in education- we will be working with schools and kids groups and you will help us develop out this channel
- will put in legwork to understand customers—both buyers and consumers.
- have the magic touch to manage accounts and the creativity and drive to sell into them.
- create detailed plans for progress and hold yourself accountable to those plans.
- are an Excel whiz—you embrace pivot tables and love tracking your progress on paper!