Brewer-Harpoon Brewery, Boston MA
Mass Bay Brewing Co.
Job Grade: Non Pin
FLSA: Full-time, Hourly
Brewing Operations Responsibilities:
- All aspects of wort production and related processes
- Startup and shutdown of facility processes
- Operation of Brewhouse computer and automation system
- Milling, hop additions, anti-foam additions, spice additions
- Ability to perform necessary Cider production functions
- Maintain Brewhouse vessels in tour worthy condition
- Take direction from Senior Brewer and Head Brewer
- Management of fermenters
- CIP, sanitization and temperature monitoring
- Obtain samples needed for lab
- Monitor quality parameters and work to resolve issues promptly
- Accurate daily record keeping
- Attend and participate constructively in meetings
- Maintain an orderly and safe working environment in department as well as entire facility
- Participate in taste panel as directed
- Communicate critical information with appropriate departments
- Contribute to a positive work environment through open and constructive dialogue
- Contribute to and be receptive of continual innovation and improvement
- Assist in other departments or perform other tasks as needed
- Follow all company policies as detailed in company handbook – attendance, safety, IT protocols, etc.
- Minimum of 4 years Brewing/Manufacturing experience
- Prior mastery of cellar operation skills a plus
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing conditions
- Great communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Possess a mechanical aptitude and proper use of PPE
- Ability to work varied shifts
- Forklift Certification
- Familiarity with PLC controls
- Capable of following all safety procedures while around working with potentially hazardous machinery, chemicals etc.
- Personal appearance and conduct reflective of professionalism and pride in Harpoon, UFO and Clown Shoes.
Work Environment & Physical Job Requirements
- Damp environment
- Working with strong chemicals and moving machinery
- Noise level of environment is very loud
- Repetitive lifting
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Capable of standing on your feet for long periods of time
This job posting provides an overview of the general requirements required for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To Apply: https://harpoonbrewery.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/c0598f2c-7de2-a721-1d9b-541305f7c9c0/apply?source=709899-CS-20459