Director of Sales – North America
DeeBee's Organics Inc.
ABOUT DEEBEES ORGANICS: DeeBee’s Organics crafts the best-tasting organic treats from pure & simple ingredients. Founded by Dr Dionne Baker, a PhD maternal-fetal toxicologist whose research into the effects of environmental toxins lead her on a mission to create a line of wholesome, organic treats that taste like pure joy. DeeBee’s products are available across Natural, Conventional & Club channels, and sold in key retailers such as: Whole Foods, Loblaws, Sobeys/Safeway, Walmart, Costco, HEB, Fiesta, United Markets and more. We are a family-owned & operated company, and a certified ‘B’ Corp – committed to using business as a force for good in the world!
POSITION SUMMARY: The North American Sales Director is responsible for growing & overseeing sales at current and new retailers. This position is tasked with developing & implementing a successful master sales strategy to direct & manage sales across Canada and the USA. Responsibilities include overseeing & directing our broker & regional sales manager network, creating successful promotional plans, forecasting, working closely with large retail customers, expanding distribution & prospecting new major retail accounts. The location base for this position is somewhat flexible, though preference will be given for candidates willing to relocate to a key area of business for DeeBee's (Victoria British Columbia, Calgary Alberta, Toronto Canada, Texas, Chicago, Arizona, Los Angeles or New York). Please note there is a significant strategic panning & field sales team management aspect to this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop & execute a company-wide sales strategy for DeeBee’s in the Natural & Conventional channels across Canada and the USA:
- Drive sales in current footprint
- Expand sales into new regions at major retailers: Whole Foods Market, Kroger, Safeway, Costco etc.
- Grow our footprint of regional chains through our distribution network: KeHE, UNFI, etc.
- Build sustainable, long term, relationships with our retailer partners
- Direct our sales program, with accountability for managing/overseeing DeeBee’s brokers and internal sales team
- Responsible for training & managing brokers and salespeople on sales presentations, product specs, pricing and terms
- Improve execution of: distribution, promotional plans, forecasts and channel strategies
- Run regular broker meetings to provide updates and gain insight into regional divisions
- Build a seamless connection internally with Finance to track and manage promotional spending and accrual funds to maximize return on investment; drives profitable volume for trade spend levels
- Assure a high level of customer service by ensuring customer concerns are followed-up in a proactive manner
- Work to help coordinate, as well as participate, in trade shows (ex: Expo West, Fancy Foods, CHFA and distributor shows)
The Sales Director candidate should be nimble and creative, with the passionate energy of an out-of-the-box entrepreneur. They must have in-depth sales management and marketing programming experience, with strong leadership ability and management follow-through. They should be entrepreneurial-minded, with experience building and scaling early stage companies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B.S) in Sales, Business Administration, Business Management
- 5-10 years of successful sales management experience
- Exceptional leader, with history of building high-performing teams as well as working effectively and momentously with sales, innovation, and operations teams
- Experience building and implementing systems across the entire sales team
- Proven track record of success selling food and/or beverage products into major retailers and channels
- Relationships with brokers, retailers, and distributors in major channels
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Passionate and results oriented individual who demonstrates persistence & creativity in the face of obstacles – Must have strong critical thinking ability.
- Excellent team-building, interpersonal, listening, and communication skills (both verbal and written) with a start-up company mentality of “no job too small”
- Working knowledge of financials used in the sales process such as costing, margin, profitability, promotional spending, and allowances
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize business needs
- Adaptable individual who can complete daily procedures and responsibilities without direct supervision
- Frequent travel may be necessary at times, often requiring air travel