Southern USA/Texas Sales Manager
ABOUT DEEBEES ORGANICS: DeeBee’s crafts the best-tasting Organic treats from pure & simple ingredients. Founded by Dr Dionne Baker, a Phd maternal-fetal toxicologist whose research into the effects of environmental toxins lead her on a mission to create a line of wholesome, organic treats that taste like pure joy. DeeBee’s products are available across Natural, Conventional & Club channels, and sold in key retailers such as: Whole Foods, Walmart, Costco, HEB, Fiesta, United Markets and more. We are a family-owned & operated company, and a certified ‘B’ Corp – committed to using business as a force for good in the world!
POSITION SUMMARY: The regional sales manager is responsible for growing business at current and new retailers in the Southern USA area, with a base in / strong focus on Texas. This position is tasked with delivering profitable sales results, which include: engaging our broker network, creating successful promotional plans, and engaging in brand-building marketing activities specific to the region. This is a remote-working situation, and the successful candidate must be able to effectively self-manage. Candidate must reside in Houston, Dallas, Austin or San Antonio areas.
Expand and gain new points of distribution in both conventional Grocery & Natural channels.
- Make regularly scheduled sales calls on all major and minor accounts.
- Manage broker and distributor networks to leverage effectiveness and support the company’s sales objectives.
- Develop promotional trade spend budget programing for the region & set sales objectives.
- DRIVE sales and meet or exceed profit goals
- Present new products and promotional plans to tailor DeeBee’s product mix to best meet the customer and channel’s business potential.
- Provide insights and recommend marketing strategies & opportunities to develop business and enhance the brand in the region.
- Effectively manage time and travel to meet competing objectives and priorities.
- Work with Director of Sales to support sales forecasting and coordinate product needs with supply chain and customer service.
- Identify industry trends and opportunities – consumer shopping patterns, distributor changes, competitor issues, etc. – and recommend expedient and appropriate actions.
- Calculate Margins, Customer Profitability, Promotional Effectiveness, etc
- Assure a high level of customer service by handling customer concerns and follow-up in a proactive manner
- Participate in trade shows as required (ex: Expo West, Fancy Foods, as well as distributor shows)
- Provide merchandising and demo assistance in store; create advocates for our brand. Set up & manage staffing & marketing of in-store events.
- Program, manage & staff dynamic in-store & community events to help build the brand.
- Assist with programming & ‘evangelizing’ DeeBee’s social media presence & community engagement, specific to the regions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated success and working brand knowledge of the Natural Food Industry, especially in the Texas/Oaklahoma/Arkansas area.
- Existing relationships with HEB, Central Market, Whole Foods, Albertsons etc preferred.
- Well rounded and proven sales experience in Grocery & Natural.
- A strong team player with a reputation for honesty and integrity.
- An enthusiastic brand builder, with a passion for health and nutrition, who is thrilled to be carrying the torch for a fast growing company.
- Experience managing brokers at both the direct and distributor levels.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating new accounts and new business opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, able to communicate and present material in a concise and compelling manner and command attention while communicating material to audience.
- Willing to travel and commit long hours to develop sales opportunities.
- Creativity, ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking and a strong marketing sensibility
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent 5+ years of proven sales experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Direct connections or existing relationships with HEB, Central Market & Whole Foods an asset.
- Competitive wage, plus incentives for meeting & exceeding targets