East Bay Market Manager
Drake's Brewing Company
The East Bay Market Manager will collaborate with the Sales Director, as well as the Marketing Director, to develop plans that inspire and engage craft beer drinkers to become loyal customers of the Drake’s Brewing Company craft beer portfolio.
- Develop and execute business plans with assigned distributor to grow volume and share of market.
- Actively work with, and without, distributor sales people in retail accounts to achieve results throughout territory.
- Responsible for leading and ensuring maximum distributor focus and investment on Drake’s portfolio via annual business plan and monthly plan implementation/execution.
- Accountable for volume, distribution and retail execution.
- Responsible for being the single point of contact for distributor
- Drive customer and solution-based selling with distributor
- Accountable for volume, distribution, and share performance at assigned distributor
- Distributor management, scorecard and KPI (key performance indicator) development and management
Business Analysis and Collaborative Planning:
- Understanding brand attributes, and effectively communicating these to distributors and retail customers
- Problem-solving, and opportunity identification across all channels and segments
- Direct and collaborate with distributor as well as the Sales Director on the development, and execution, of the annual business plan
- Development of target account lists
- Development and leadership of the annual and monthly plan development and active in-market execution
- Operate within assigned budget to meet objectives and grow sales
- Assess competitive landscape to ensure proper pricing strategy and execution
In Market Execution:
- Coordinate with the Sales Director to develop and execute monthly and annual plans
- Responsible for selling in all channels – on premise and off
- Accountable for the analysis, segmentation, and development of target account lists
- Own the execution of the Drake’s performance in territory (distribution, display execution, tracking)
- Own the development of Drake’s portfolio of products (identifying and prioritizing brand building opportunities)
- Prepare and present monthly and annual distributor performance reviews and correspondence
- Demonstrated success in relevant prior work experience
- Prior sales experience
- Experience selling in a direct store delivery environment preferred
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Retail- and customer-solution based selling ability
- Negotiation - Persuasion
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective analytical skills – basic finance/business skills
- High energy team-player, with strong social skills
- Comfortable with nontraditional work schedule – some nights and weekends
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google Software Suite
- Comfortable learning new CRM based software technologies
Drake’s Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Drake’s Brewing Company does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.