Innovation and Marketing Manager
Major plant-based food ingredient company
Our client, a major plant-based food ingredient company in Western Canada, is currently seeking an Innovation and Marketing Manager to join their growing team. Based in the United States or Canada, this individual will play a vital role in the development and implementation of new products and the creation of sales opportunities for ingredients made from pulse crops. Tremendous opportunity to shape the long-term innovation and growth strategy for the company and the plant-based protein industry.
- Develop and execute a strategic business and product plans for profitable and sustainable sales.
- Work with food manufacturers to develop innovative pulse-based ingredients, new product concepts and applications.
- Develop market share through understanding current and long-term needs of food manufacturers and develop appropriate solutions and applications.
- Key contact for development, retention and expansion of relationships with food manufacturers.
- Promote market knowledge and acceptance of value-added processing of extracted proteins, starches and fibres from pulse crops.
- Work collaboratively with internal QA/R&D teams and external internationally recognized food R&D centres to identify and develop opportunities for new products and markets.
- Gather and analyze market data, functionality and costing on new products to prioritize opportunities.
- Develop, manage and align the internal and external R&D activities with sales, marketing and operations.
- Provide technical sales support for new product data management (e.g. MSDS, spec sheets, and packaging sizes).
- Leverage existing knowledge of client systems and processes to facilitate sales.
- Provide support for customer service issues and coordinate the use of company resources to provide a superior customer experience.
- Provide technical support for application of ingredients to customers, the customer’s sales team and brokers as required.
- Manage business development activities such as tradeshows, new product launches and market assessments.
- Minimum 10-15 years of sales experience in starch and plant protein food ingredient industry with large food manufacturers.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Food Science and/or Business or related field.
- Masters’ degree in food science would be an asset.
- Demonstrates effective relationship building and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally, up to 60% of the time.
- Ability to drive projects and initiatives from benchtop through commercialization.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-changing work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Strong cross-functional and diverse teamwork skills.
Attractive compensation with salary, commissions, bonuses and benefits that will be commensurate with high degree of experience within the food manufacturing industry.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.