Western Regional Sales Manager
Wedderspoon Organic USA
Founded in 2005, Wedderspoon is a passionate steward of Manuka Honey-based wellness products that awaken energized living. Wedderspoon offers a dynamic collection of expertly crafted products to support daily wellness, capturing the lusciously rare and powerful nature of genuine Manuka Honey, which is exclusively produced by bees feeding off the Manuka bush on New Zealand’s North and South Islands. From its use in home “remedies,” the kitchen, and in beauty and active lifestyle self-care rituals, Wedderspoon Manuka Honey’s vibrant health properties make it one of the most highly sought after holistic wellness ingredients in the world. Wedderspoon products are available at specialty, natural and traditional grocers nationwide, including Whole Foods Market, Wegmans, Publix, Sprouts, CVS, Natural Grocers and online at Amazon.com. For more information, visit wedderspoon.com.
Key Objectives:Expand and gain new points of distribution in the Grocery, Natural, and Specialty channels for Wedderspoon Organic, throughout the Western US markets, in both mainline Grocery and HBC/Whole Body.
- Make regularly scheduled sales calls on all major and minor accounts that meet Wedderspoon sales growth targets.
- Develop and manage broker and distributor networks to leverage effectiveness and support the company’s sales objectives.
- Understand and utilize syndicated data to identify sales opportunities and develop presentations for maximum effectiveness.
- Exceed sales and profit goals, within promotional trade spend budget and objectives.
- Present new products and promotional plans to tailor Wedderspoon product mix to best meet the customer and channel’s business potential.
- Provide insights and recommend marketing vehicles and strategies to develop Wedderspoon business and enhance the brand.
- Effectively manage time and travel to meet competing objectives and priorities.
- Work with Senior VP of Sales to support sales forecasting and coordinate product needs with supply chain and customer service.
- Identify industry trends and opportunities – consumer shopping patterns, distributor changes, competitor issues, etc. – and recommend expedient and appropriate actions.
- Calculate Margins, Customer Profitability, Promotional Effectiveness, New SKU Payout, etc
- Utilize internal company sales reports, SPINs and other scan data to regularly review business and spot trends, opportunities in the business.
- Demonstrated success and working brand knowledge of the Natural Food Industry.
- Well rounded and proven sales experience in Grocery, Natural, Specialty and HBC.
- A strong team player with a reputation for honesty and integrity.
- An enthusiastic brand builder, with a passion for health and nutrition, who is thrilled to be carrying the torch for a fast growing Manuka Honey company.
- Experience managing brokers at both the direct and distributor levels.
- Demonstrated experience cultivating new accounts and new business opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, able to communicate and present material in a concise and compelling manner and command attention while communicating material to audience.
- Willing to travel and commit long hours to develop sales opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent 10+ years of proven sales experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook