Wine Sales Representative
Pine State BeverageApply for Job
Territory: Portsmouth, NH
The New Hampshire Wine Sales Representative is responsible for achieving sales, service and product distribution objectives within the assigned territory. The NH Wine Sales Representative is also responsible for compliance of Company standards and policies in all areas impacted by Sales.
- Plan, develop and present to customers effective strategies to increase sales.
- Communicate to customers new items, product information and competitive market information to generate dialogue and create “need”.
- Plan and present proposals for house pours, menu placements, promotions and special events.
- Manage samples responsibly, within company guidelines and parameters of the law.
- Review non-buy account list regularly. Work with appropriate personnel to secure new business through closure of account and distribution voids.
- Dominate the on-premise market in regards to house pours, menu placements, back-of-bar product placements and POS.
- Monitor vintage dates and labels and rotate product to ensure compliance with PST Co. and supplier quality standards.
- Adhere to account call frequency and sequence to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain positive professional relationships with owners and buying personnel at key accounts.
- Resolve customer complaints professionally and in a timely manner. Utilize assistance from NH State Wine Manager and/or other PST personnel as necessary.
- Check Company voice mail at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Complete and submit all administrative paperwork, i.e. comment sheets, incentive tracking sheets, etc. on or before deadline.
- Review permanent POS and back-of-bar product placements on a regular basis to ensure fresh, current advertising images in marketplace.
- Utilize Marketing Department and Print Shop to the maximum extent as they relate to wine lists, shelf talkers and other printed materials.
- Write credits for damaged items and/or shipment errors within authority as per established company guidelines.
- Maintain professional responsibility for the condition of the NH Depot sales areas.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Knowledge of on-premise trade, sales & strategic marketing in the beverage industry.
- Knowledge of wine and the key elements to composing a restaurant wine selection.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated business math skills.
- Time management skills and the ability to work independently.
- Commitment to quality and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Valid NH driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Professional appearance.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed including late nights and weekends.
- Significant periods of time spent in a vehicle, traveling to accounts within assigned territory.
- Regular periods of physical exertion requiring ability to lift, carry and position objects using proper body mechanics.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.