Chain Store Sales Manager
Ithaca Beer CompanyApply for this Job
The Chain Store Wholesales Manager will manage and direct sales and merchandising activities of all on and off premise chain accounts.
- Expand and manage Ithaca Beer Co. penetration in all chain accounts throughout Ithaca Beer Co.’s wholesaler footprint.
- Develop and maintain collaborative long-term relationships with chain accounts both on and off-premise.
- Deliver Ithaca Beer Co. chain account sales volume, revenue and distribution sales goals.
- Conduct analysis and develop presentations that increase Company feature and display activity, expand distribution and optimizes shelf position that increase volume and market share.
- Motivate distributor management and sales force in order to achieve chain sales objectives, including the development and oversight of wholesaler programming.
- Identify core accounts that are not being penetrated with Ithaca Beer Co. products and develop a plan to establish business with such accounts.
- Collect data on pricing, distribution, volume and general market information; compile and submit reports to senior management
- Build annual chain account plans and benchmark and communicate progress.
- Ensure proper merchandizing of on- and off-premise chain accounts.
- Live in the Upstate NY Region (Albany to Buffalo)
- Three to Five years wine, liquor or malt beverage experience, preferably with at least one year managing chain accounts for a brewery
- Must have a strong understanding of how chain accounts operate and how to build brands through distributors; established chain account contacts and relationships are considered an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of the craft beer segment and how that relates to chain business
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interface with various levels of management, at wholesale as well as retail; ability to speak in front of large groups, conduct staff trainings and evening/weekend functions
- Strong work ethic; demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities
- An intense competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality; strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results
- Willingness to travel (air and car); good driving record
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and Power Point