VP of Sales
Skratch LabsApply for this Job
Skratch Labs is looking for a charismatic high-energy leader who demonstrates grit and embraces accountability. Our company is seeking a candidate that would have faith in, and love working with the people on their team. An ideal candidate would enjoy the paradoxical challenge that can be the combination of analytical and creative problem solving. An ideal candidate would embrace the risks needed to question the dominant paradigm, and would be up for trying something new. An ideal candidate would need to speak their mind and engage in productive conflict and would be able to do so while simultaneously listening empathetically to the other side. An ideal candidate would play as hard as they work, and love the way of life in Colorado’s Front Range where the surrounding trails, rivers and mountains are their playgrounds. Right now, an ideal candidate would want nothing more than to join an amazing executive team who share their values and would have a burning passion to grow the Skratch Labs brand and business.
Company Overview: Skratch Labs is a fast growing, nationally recognized company that is fundamentally changing the way people eat and drink by producing real food/drink nutrition alternatives for active people. In its 5-year history Skratch Labs has grown rapidly in the run, bike, and outdoor channels and is now expanding beyond its current 6,000 retailers.
- Be a key and contributing member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Set and lead company sales strategy.
- Evaluate, analyze, and improve the effectiveness of the sales process and systems.
- Lead company growth and expansion in new and existing sales channels.
- Responsible for major national accounts.
- Work with third parties to drive sales, which may include independent sales reps, and brokers.
- In conjunction with the leadership team, develop company revenue goals, and ensure they are reached.
- Work in collaboration with the VP of Marketing to ensure congruency between sales and marketing.
- Work in collaboration with the Product Development Team to identify opportunities to improve upon and develop new products.
- Lead, manage, and implement accountability for sales team members.
Definitions and Key Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of Consumer Packaged Goods’ sales experience.
- Minimum 5 years of sales management and leadership experience. Current Sales Department consists of 2 direct reports, 5 total team members, and dozens of outside sales representatives/brokers.
- Prior leadership experience needed scaling a fast-growing business within a start-up environment.
- Specialty Run/Bike/Outdoor market, and Big-Box Sporting Goods experience are a plus.
- The VP of Sales is a salaried full time position, based in Boulder Colorado, reporting to the CEO.
- Benefits include a medical/dental stipend, paid time off, 401(k), a positive and inclusive work environment, etc. Allen, our founder, will also make you the best scrambled eggs ever if you ask.