Area Sales Manager, Massachusetts
Uptime Energy, Inc.Apply for this Job
UPTIME is a premium energy drink and lifestyle brand originally launched in 1985. We are currently one of the fastest growing energy drink companies on the market and have pushed aside the notion that energy drinks are just for thrill-seekers and adrenaline junkies. UPTIME is healthier and smarter and is the energy to excel. We are looking for talented Area Sales Managers to join our fast growing team.
You will grow the brand, manage, and work directly with various AB and Miller/Coors distribution centers (DSD's) and their sales teams in and around the Boston region. Additionally, you will identify and sell into new account prospects, then introduce the account to distributors for ongoing servicing. Once the account has been opened, you will oversee the proper product placement and merchandising to meet UPTIME standards. This position reports to the VP of Sales.
Salary: $45,000-$50,000 (depending on experience) + bonus (up to 10% base salary) + car allowance + equity participation.
- Visit and sell UPTIME into new accounts daily
- Develop strong relationships with customers and distribution partner sales team
- Be the liaison between UPTIME and distributor. Ensure distributor has all the support, materials and information needed to be successful
- Schedule sampling events and special events to build brand equity
- Conduct ride-along account visits with distribution partner
- Maintain and keep current sales materials and tools
- Complete required daily administration and sales reporting duties
- Maximize brand execution at account's point of purchase by supplying POS materials
- Review weekly and monthly account performance
- Manage all sales expenses and budgets
- 2-3 years of sales experience in the beverage industry
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Good attention to detail and competent written & reporting skills.
- Understanding of retail business operations - pricing, margins, shelf space,
- Ability to make quick decisions; operate in an autonomous work environment and take initiative.
- Strong business acumen, relationship management skills, customer focus.
- Physically able to lift and move cases of product and place POS.
- Valid driver's license plus registered & insured reliable vehicle. Ability to drive to and from accounts continuously.
- Live within assigned sales territory
Educational Requirements: High school diploma or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time