Distributor Sales Manager MW Region
Stumptown Coffee CorpApply for this Job
We work hard. We have tremendous amounts of respect for each other and for what we do. We are progressive, open and evolving, but uncompromising in our commitment to quality. We are focused on sustainable growth and value everyone’s contribution and we also have lots of fun together. We are a passionate group of folks, some might even say obsessive. No matter which team we’re on, we’re sourcing, roasting, tasting, testing, practicing and pushing ourselves to do it better. And we drink the best office coffee on the planet.
Grow the Stumptown portfolio of brands and enhance profitability through strong relationships and execution with distributor partners, targeted regional chains and independents. Understand distributor capabilities, solve problems in real-time, execute monthly grocery and distributor plans and measure results. Collaborate with Stumptown grocery, on-premise and operation teams to execute projects related to sales and distribution in assigned region. Facilitate distribution trials to set the standard for National best practices.
- Develop and present annual sales, distribution, promotion, and trial plans with key retailers and distributors
- Manage inventory at the distributor level
- Execute programs with key retailers and distributors in the market
- Work with designated distributor representatives to effectively service our customers
- Problem-solve between sales, distributors and end customers as opportunities arise
- Collaborate with Stumptown operations and self-distribution teams on implementation projects related to distribution in assigned markets
- Assist in developing grocery and distributor initiatives and incentives
- Participate in annual operating plans (AOP)
- Participate in establishing shelf standards and scorecard
- Effectively communicate cross-departmentally
- Monitor and communicate competitive activity in the region
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or equivalent work experience
- Requires proficient knowledge and skills in the following areas; selling skills, understanding of business, analysis, planning and execution
- Distributor management experience
- Specialty food experience preferred
- Regional chain headquarter call experience
- Basic computer proficiency
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis (50% of the time)
- Must have good record keeping and organizational skills
- Work cross-functionally as part of a large or small project team
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to sit continuously at a computer
- Able to lift up to 5 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Work is performed in an office environment and at customer locations. Conditions may vary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, veteran status, or any other class protected by local, state or federal law.