Sales & Marketing Manager
Riley PureApply for this Job
About Pure Spoon:
We're a fast-growing, Austin-based company founded by a mom on a mission who wanted to give her daughter fresh and organic baby food when there was none in stores. We make fresh organic baby food (www.purespoon.com). We were the first to market cold pasteurized, HPP baby food which retains all the nutrients and flavors of the fruits and vegetables. It is baby food 3.0.
Pure Spoon has a lean entrepreneurial culture. This position reports to CEO and is responsible for sales growth in existing accounts and new account acquisition. Position will manage retailers and distributors direct and by working through brokers. Position will also make face to face presentations at key accounts.
- Manage Retailers such as Whole Foods, Kroger, HEB, Hy Vee and Walmart as well as internet retailers such as Amazon and Amazon Fresh.
- Call on existing and potential new customers with the goal of gaining distribution and increasing sales.
- Manage accounts to meet sales objectives by assuring full product line distribution, new product introductions, accurate pricing, shelf placement, and universal execution of promotions.
- Establish and Manage Broker Relationships to execute against company sales goals.
- Manage current and potential new distributors.
- Prepare weekly retailer sales data reports.
- Maintain sales tracker report and potential CRM.
- Update forecast monthly and responsible for annual sales forecasting.
- Responsible for marketing functions such as: managing brand ambassadors, demos, trade spending, promotions, coupons.
- Work with marketing department to create presentations and marketing materials.
- Coordinate and attend trade shows and industry events.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in consumer package goods industry - preferred in natural food.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Strong problem solving, influence and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated use of excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Detailed oriented, well organized and able to thrive in a competitive sales environment.
- High energy, proven initiative to recommend and implement improvements.
- Able to handle multiple projects and simultaneously set priorities in order to meet deadlines and achieve required revenue goals.
- Can work independently or as a part of a team.
- Knowledge of online and eCommerce sales and marketing management.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ideal candidate will come from a smaller company, that is used to wearing many hats.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Position based in Austin, TX with ability to work from home and come to office one day/week.