Quality Control Manager
Unix Packaging, Inc.Apply for this Job
We are currently seeking a SeasoQuality Control Managers .
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Review and approve daily paperwork for all lines, including follow-up w/ resources for missing documentation-Line Release.
• Monitor incoming raw materials and maintain traceability program.
• Perform equipment evaluations, maintenance, and calibrations (ICPs).
• Support warehouse and production with product holds, records, dispositions and complaint processing, reporting, and analysis for all aspects of the plant.
• Assist with microbiological testing on in-process, finished product and spring samples.
• Attend and participate in initial and ongoing QA training, including HACCP training and GMP training.
• Immediately placing on hold back to the last good check, any product you feel may not be of the highest quality and contacting a member of leadership for resolution.
• Perform Hygiene audits for all departments and assist resources with corrective actions.
• Edit and create standard operating procedures and work documents as needed.
• Assist with weekend and holiday coverage as needed.
• Work with other departments in leading/teaching/educating employees in GMPs and HACCP.
• Work with QA team to develop and implement process control initiatives including ISO 22000 and FSMS controls and procedures.
• Must be flexible in working hours - overtime, vacation coverage, and off-shifts. Bachelors of Science in Microbiology or Chemistry or related field preferred
• Prior work experience in a quality lab environment within food, beverage, pharmaceutical or other clean manufacturing required.
• Strong background in quality systems.
• Knowledge of microbiological testing or demonstrated ability to learn.
• Understanding of manufacturing production line processes and testing procedures.
• High attention to detail and follow-up.
• Ability to build relationships and influence others cross functionally.
• Solid computer/database skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and the use of business management software SAP and quality monitoring systems (Infinity).
• Ability to problem solve and make decisions in independent and team settings.
• Ability to be self-managed, scheduling and performing work often unsupervised.
Job Type: Full-time
· Montebello, CA
· beverage or food industry: 2 years
· Quality Assurance: 4 years