Field Activation Manager
Inspira MarketingApply for Job
Inspira isn't your typical experiential agency.
Our focus is on one thing: people.
Real people, and the values that they hold to be true.
We're here to help our clients build genuine relationships with their audience — the kinds of relationships that create powerful, active communities around their brand.
Our insights-driven, collaborative approach to the work we do establishes better foundations to build campaigns and events on, by making sure at every step of the way that we're working towards one ultimate goal: making people care. We deliver award-winning campaigns for clients such as Microsoft, Diageo and Life Is Good, while devoting a portion of our profits to find a cure for pediatric cancer.
Are you passionate about spirits? Do you want an opportunity to represent some of the top brands in the industry? Do you love meeting new people, sharing your knowledge and influencing people to be better-informed?
If so, join our team!
Field Manager – Home Office
Purpose of Role:
Manage a team of On Premise Specialists in CT and NJ who are responsible for driving brand and business initiatives in target accounts delivering programs for retail accounts, bar staff and consumers.
The Field Manager will be responsible for performance of the On Premise team with their assigned territory. The overall program objective is to increase awareness and drive consumer trial in the On-Premise for the core brands.
Through the direction of the Division Director and Inspira Agency, the FM is held accountable for executing localized programming that is targeted toward the profile consumer and aligns with the field objectives. FMs will be tasked with thinking creativity, within the framework of a program, to extend and amplify the campaign execution. Additionally, the ideal manager will be able to assemble a staff of committed, brand educated, On Premise Specialists to execute the year long programming in an effort to engage consumers with the core brands.
- Management of Activation within Assigned Territory. Hire, Train & Manage team of 10-12 Promotional Specialists and ensure the OPS's are hitting performance metrics
- Program Oversight. Plan, track and measure KPI data for all Specialists within the territory. Report feedback to Division Director.
- Brand & Category Education and Training. Attend brand training and understand all core brands at the "consumer event" level through promotional assets, whether the events are at on/off premise accounts or other type of venue. Be able to fill in for an On Premise Specialist if required.
- Point of Sale Management. As a part of program execution, the OPS's will receive POS allocations. It will be your responsibility to coordinate the distribution and ensure the teams are leveraging both consumer & account POS.
- Cultivate Brand Opportunities. As a local market expert, seek out opportunities within the markets to feature our promotional resources and partner with the brand portfolio.
- Travel and Work Withs. Travel within the assigned territory to work with OPS's to visit accounts and engage with consumers, and trade.
- Field Marketing Relationships. Communicate regularly with local distributors and Diageo field sales team to report market highlights and share key learnings.
- Social Media. Working knowledge of relevant social media channels. Communicate brand activities through social media via tools provided.
- Insights. Source for consumer/channel/competitive insights – feeds local market intelligence up through the organization. Participates with the Brand/Regional environmental analysis and collaborates with brand territory/brand teams to develop innovative programs and ideas.
This full-time role offers a competitive salary plus a bonus, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including company-paid medical, dental, vision, 401k and PTO.
Inspira Marketing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, current employment status or protected veteran status.
- College Degree with focus on Communications, Marketing, Business
- Minimum 4 to 5 years of Business or Agency experience, preferably in the Spirits/Beer industry
- Experience managing field teams and working from home
- Distributor or Broker experience is a plus
- Proven strong customer relationship experience
- Expert working knowledge of P & L and budget management
- Knowledge of Liquor Regulations, rules, market trends and competition is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persuasive selling and negotiation skills are required to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Experience in leading, coaching and developing a team