Plant Manager in beautiful Bend, Oregon
Non-alcoholic beverage companyApply for this Job
Humm Kombucha needs you as their next Plant Manager! We are growing quickly and we need a strong operations and people leader as we increase production of our world-class product. This is a chance to really make an impact within a local organization with national and global reach. This role reports to the Director of Operations and manages 5 direct reports. This is a great “next step” for someone in a supervisory role within production environment.
Here’s what you’ll get to tackle in this essential role:
- Develop a world-class operations team! Lead by example as you problem-solve a myriad of issues.
- Help us grow into our new production facility- your knowledge of operational best-practices and Lean/Six-Sigma fundamentals will help us kick booty!
- Bring sophisticated, new equipment online and work out the kinks.
- Help us scale our production successfully, keeping food safety and quality in mind as well as operational costs.
- Build world-class Packaging, Quality, Sanitation and Continuous Improvement programs under your inspiration and leadership.
- Implement and reinforce culture of best-in-class production practices and safety culture. People leadership is a critical element to this role.
- Work for a collaborative and “coaching” leader.
- Collaborate with an energetic and positive team! Seriously, amazing people here.
Qualified candidates have:
- 7 years’ experience in a leadership role in manufacturing, food and beverage experience highly preferred. Brewing and packaging experience big bonus.
- Top notch people leadership skills, previous supervisory experience required.
- Food Safety & Quality experience and deep knowledge of GMP (good manufacturing practices).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and customer-service mindset.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills plus other business software (Microsoft, Google Docs, Dropbox, etc.)
- Solid document and procedure management abilities plus detail orientation. Extreme organization is the name of the game in this role.
- Excellent time management, organization, conflict resolution, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Willingness to be hands-on and lead by example. As we run various shifts 7 days a week, this position requires working some nights, weekends, holidays, etc.
About Humm Kombucha
Founded by Jamie Danek and Michelle Mitchell in 2009, Humm is now one of the largest producers of draft kombucha in the US. Throughout our rapid growth, we remain focused on our core values of Optimism, Healthy Business, Partnership and Quality. We believe it is our calling to care for our community and spread health, love and joy to all things we touch. Humm can be found in grocery stores, gas stations, convenience stores, restaurants in bottles and on tap throughout the Pacific Northwest and the western U.S. We are headquartered in beautiful Bend, Oregon.
And then there is Bend: Bend, Oregon is a beautiful paradise nestled on the east side of the Cascade range in Central Oregon. Visitors call it a magical wonderland, we call it home and feel lucky to have ended up here. Bend maintains a cozy, small-town feel, yet comes with all the amenities (and more) of a major city. We are known for our plentiful options for enjoying the outdoors (hiking, skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, rock-climbing, kayaking and so on) as well as enjoying locally brewed beer at the 25+ breweries in the area. Don’t worry, if you don’t belong on the cover of Outside Magazine, you are certainly welcome to sit down and gaze at our 7 mountain peaks in town and breathe in the fresh mountain air.
Interested? Please send your resume with introduction to our HR partners at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject line “Plant Manager”. BBSI is recruiting for this position on behalf of our client.