PHOENIX — Williams Sonoma, a member of the Williams-Sonoma Inc. portfolio of brands, announced today the launch of a line of healthy grain bowl starters and vinaigrettes in collaboration with Sam Fox, the creative visionary behind one of the most successful restaurant groups in the U.S., Fox Restaurant Concepts, which includes healthy fast-casual concept Flower Child.
At Flower Child, wholesome and delicious dishes are inspired by one simple mission: “To serve healthy food for a happy world.” The grain bowl starters and salad vinaigrettes allow home cooks to easily recreate Flower Child’s popular dishes in the comfort of their own kitchens. Simply add cooked whole grains, plus sautéed chicken, salmon, steak or tofu to bowl starters for a nourishing, satisfying meal or toss the dressings with leafy greens and farmer market vegetables.
“I’m excited to partner with Williams Sonoma to bring home the fresh, natural goodness of a Flower Child bowl,” Fox said. “My hope is that this collaboration will encourage home cooks to easily integrate more clean ingredients and healthy eating into their lifestyle.”
The Williams Sonoma and Flower Child grain bowl starters and vinaigrettes line includes five exclusive recipes:
- Flower Child Smoked Gorgonzola Vinaigrette: A rich, smoky blend of grapeseed oil, vinegar, gorgonzola and almonds. Toss with leafy greens and vegetables.
- Flower Child Lemon Avocado Vinaigrette: A bright, savory blend of olive oil, citrus, avocado and California herbs. Toss with leafy greens and vegetables.
- Flower Child Miso Ginger Vinaigrette: A vibrant, umami-rich blend of grapeseed oil, rice vinegar, miso and ginger. Toss with leafy greens and vegetables.
- Flower Child Sesame Ponzu Bowl Starter: A bright, citrusy blend of spicy tamari, toasted sesame and green onions. Toss with cooked rice and blanched vegetables, and then sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and add cooked shrimp, beef, chicken or tofu. Also great stirred into fried rice, drizzled over steamed vegetables or used as a quick marinade for meat.
- Flower Child Thai Cashew Bowl Starter: A bold, savory blend of roasted cashews, Thai basil and chili peppers. Sauté zucchini, blanched sugar-snap peas, chopped celery, onion and jalapeño. Add cooked quinoa, toss with starter, and add cooked shrimp, beef, chicken or tofu, and garnish with fresh herbs.
The Williams Sonoma and Flower Child products are available in 13.5-ounce bottles for $12.95 each at all Williams Sonoma retail locations and online.
About Flower Child
Flower Child blooms on every level—inspired flavors, rich nutrients and quick preparation in an environment that feels more like a buzzing farmers’ market than a fast-casual restaurant. It’s a concept that revolutionizes the way we eat. In particular, the way we eat out. It starts with Flower Child’s fundamental promise to serve happy food for a healthy world. Produce is guided by the wisdom of the Environmental Working Group. Proteins are all naturally and humanely raised without additives. Local sourcing is a priority. Food is served fast and fresh without cutting corners. You can taste the difference. Flower Child was named a 2016 Breakout Brand and a 2017 Hot Concept by Nation’s Restaurant News. For more information, visit www.iamaflowerchild.com.
About Williams Sonoma
Since its founding by Chuck Williams in 1956, the Williams Sonoma brand has been bringing people together around food. A member of Williams-Sonoma Inc. portfolio of brands, Williams Sonoma is a leading specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home, providing world-class service and an engaging customer experience. Products include cookware, cooks’ tools, cutlery, electrics, bakeware, food, tabletop and bar, outdoor, cookbooks, as well as furniture, lighting and decorative accessories. Each store offers cooking classes and tastings conducted by expert culinary staff. A comprehensive gift registry program for weddings and other special events is available in stores and online. On williams-sonoma.com and the Williams Sonoma blog, customers can find recipes, tips and techniques that help them create delicious meals and wonderful memories. Williams Sonoma is also part of an active community on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and YouTube.