LOS ANGELES — Naked Nutrition, the world’s premier health and fitness source for natural protein powders and supplements, unveiled today two new flavors: Naked Pea + Matcha and Naked Whey + Matcha. In conjunction with the new matcha product line, Naked Nutrition also announced that throughout 2018 it will support The ALS Association Golden West Chapter, a nonprofit dedicated to raising funds for research to find a cure for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, also known as “Lou Gehrig’s Disease”).
“Matcha is where it’s at! This Japanese green powder has been rising in popularity. In the U.S., it’s predicted that matcha powder products will grow by 20 to 45 percent each year,” said Steve Zieminski, Naked Nutrition CEO. “We’re excited to answer the call for more matcha by rolling out our new Naked Pea + Matcha and Naked Whey + Matcha protein powders. They are a delicious and convenient way for health and fitness enthusiasts to combine two of their favorites!”
Naked Pea + Matcha and Naked Whey + Matcha are available for purchase at www.nkdnutrition.com or on Amazon for $24.99 for Naked Pea + Matcha and $29.99 for Naked Whey + Matcha.
About The ALS Association Partnership
In concurrence with the launch of Naked Pea + Matcha and Naked Whey + Matcha, Naked Nutrition also announced plans to help fight ALS with three different initiatives:
- Naked Nutrition will donate $15,000 to The ALS Association Golden West Chapter via Team Nanci. Team Nanci is the Los Angeles-based fundraising team of Hollywood publicist Nanci Ryder, who was diagnosed with ALS in 2014. To date, Team Nanci has raised $600,000 to benefit The Golden West Chapter’s programs of care management services, public policy initiatives, education and scientific discovery.
- In addition to its Team Nanci support, Naked Nutrition also will donate 100 percent of proceeds from online sales of Naked Pea + Matcha and Naked Whey + Matcha to Team Nanci during specific dates that coincide with special events. These dates are:
- Los Angeles Marathon (March 17-19, 2018)
- So Cal Ride to Defeat ALS (July 20-22, 2018)
- Napa Valley Ride to Defeat ALS (September 21-23, 2018)
- Silicon Valley Walk to Defeat ALS (October 13-15, 2018)
- Los Angeles Walk to Defeat ALS (November 3-5, 2018)
- Champions for Care and a Cure (November 14-16, 2018)
- Aside from these special events, Naked Nutrition also will donate 15 percent of proceeds from online sales of Naked Pea + Matcha and Naked Whey + Matcha to Team Nanci throughout the year.
“Matcha is known for being an antioxidant powerhouse so we thought it would be a great idea to support another powerhouse – celebrity publicist Nanci Ryder – by helping to raise money for ALS research,” continued Zieminski.
About Naked Pea + Matcha and Whey + Matcha
These first-to-market, non-GMO protein powders feature the superior health benefits of organic Japanese matcha. This ceremonial ground green tea leaf powder is loaded with healthful antioxidants that help boost metabolism, burn calories and detoxify the body.
Naked Pea + Matcha features a vegan protein made exclusively of raw yellow peas sourced from U.S. and Canadian farms, and Naked Whey + Matcha is made using pasture-fed cows’ milk from small, California dairy farms. Naked Nutrition leverages careful manufacturing processes to create a non-denatured whey loaded with essential amino acids, glutathione and clean protein.
The Naked Pea + Matcha Difference:
- Vegan, plant-based protein
- Pea protein is made exclusively from farms in the United States and Canada
- No artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors
- 22 grams of protein and 4.9 grams of branched chain amino acids (BCAA) per serving*
- Only two ingredients: yellow pea protein and organic Japanese matcha powder
- Non-GMO, soy-free, dairy-free and gluten-free
- Environmentally-friendly farming practices
The Naked Whey + Matcha Difference:
- Made from pasture-fed cows’ milk from small dairy farms in California
- No artificial sweeteners, flavors, or colors
- 22 grams of protein and 5.3 grams of BCAA’s Per Serving*
- Only two Ingredients: Whey Protein and organic Japanese matcha powder
- Non-GMO, soy-free, gluten-free
- No rBGH or rBST
- Cold processed
- Acid and bleach-free processing
*Nutritional values are verified by independent third-party testing.
For more information on Naked Nutrition or to view delicious recipes, please visit www.nkdnutrition.com
About Naked Nutrition
Naked Nutrition was created in 2014 by former college athlete Steve Zieminski. Zieminski had a vision: protein powders and supplements made from the simplest and purest ingredients. With this vision in mind, he created a brand that boasts a wide variety of premium protein and nutritional supplements. Naked Nutrition products can be purchased online or in-store at participating retailers including The Vitamin Shoppe, 24 Hour Fitness, and other select retailers nationwide. For more information, visit www.nkdnutrition.com.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
About The ALS Association Golden West Chapter
The mission of The ALS Association is to discover treatments and a cure for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest. The Golden West Chapter serves people with ALS and their families in 31 counties throughout California and in the state of Hawaii. For more information about ALS and The ALS Association Golden West Chapter, please visit www.alsagoldenwest.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.