Product Development: Formulation
Working with a product development house can be one of the first steps in creating your beverage. Kate Ratliff of Flavorman discusses the basics of formulation.
- Product Development
- Run Time
- 14 minutes 9 seconds
- Last Updated
Table of Contents
- If I want a non-standard ingredient, how are they located?
- What is GRAS affirmed?
- What factors should I consider when choosing an alternative sweetener?
- Should I consider a diet or low sugar/low calorie beverage right out of the gate?
- What should I consider when evaluating the taste and mouthfeel of my beverage?
- What’s the difference between a prototype and a sample?
- Who will have the final say on my formulation and who will own it?
- How does flavor creation begin? Do I have to know what I’m looking for out of the gate?
- Should I consider the color of my beverage when choosing taste?
- Who will have the final say on my product flavor?
- If I create or locate a flavor, Will it be possible for a flavor house to reproduce it?