Southern California Area Sales Manager
CoGo Northwest DistributionApply for this Job
Area Route Sales Manager
Full-Time Position managing Southern California sales and CoGo Staff
Columbia Gorge Organic Juice – visit www.cogojuice.com for more info on Careers
The Area Sales Manager has the primary responsibility for the overall health, and performance, of all assigned routes within the Southern California territory. The ideal candidate will spend the work week visiting large Grocery and Co-op chain stores in the territory gaining shelf space for our Organic Brand juices and other exclusive beverages. The Area Manager is expected to enable the highest level of performance and continual improvement by assigned Route Sales Persons (RSPs) through consistent “on-hands” management and development in order to deliver execution of store level sales and merchandising objectives.
Primary responsibilities include, and are not limited to:
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for sales execution in all local, regional and national large & small store assigned accounts for a specific territory.
- Responsible for identifying and developing talent, including interviewing and training with new hires.
- Coach and develop the sales team with the assigned territory
- Grow and maintain relationships with large & small store accounts serving as the connection point with store level leadership in operations and the COGO Marketing Initiatives.
- Accountable for selling in and adherence to calendar promotional agreements. Audit and provide sales performance feedback to the COGO Marketing Team including total volume performance, competitive pricing and market share objectives.
- Consistently review route management and logistics to ensure the territory is meeting all sales, labor profit and shrink objectives.
- Provide feedback and weekly planning to the Director of Sales on marketplace conditions (including competition, new account acquisition, promo pricing, and in-ground marketing support such as demos and special events that increase COGO’s brand awareness.)
- Provide written logs of weekly RSP ride-along and market audits for the specific assigned territory including account objectives, new account performance, schematics and overall merchandising standards.
- Provide on-going and consistent on-hands training for all assigned employees.
- Ensure that all RSP’s, Demo Coordinators and Brand Ambassadors have the proper sales tools and equipment to succeed and grow.
- Respond to all truck maintenance issues or maintenance scheduling same day and/or in a timely manner.
- Review Area Sales and returns on a weekly basis. Report on actual to budget and report on variance and create action plan via the Area Manager Weekly Key Performance Indicators.
- Follow-up on all customer calls received by Corp Customer Service Team within 24 hours including: New Account Setup, New Item Presentation, and other operation or delivery opportunities.
- Strong Customer service and communication skills
- Professional presentation selling skills
- Successful experience managing a team and completing directives
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in MANAGEMENT of Route Sales Team(s)
- 5+ years of Route Sales Experience
- Intermediate computer and database application skills preferred (Microsoft word, excel and outlook primarily)
- Valid driver's license and driving record within MVR policy guidelines
- Periodic bending, kneeling, pulling, and/or lifting of 50+ pounds and climbing
- Competitive compensation package with growth based on performance
- Full benefits package (Medical and Dental)
- Paid time off
About CoGo NW Distribution LLC:
Columbia Gorge Organic is an honest-to-goodness family owned Business. Since 1989, the Stewart family has farmed 180 acres organically in the beautiful Hood River, Oregon. In addition to Organic Farming, we make pure squeezed and pressed Organic juices right here on the farm. Unlike the big guys, we do everything ourselves: we squeeze, press, or puree our own fruits and veggies, compost green waste, and buy directly from small organic farms what we can't grow on our land. CoGo NW, our Distribution Company, sells all the products direct to stores throughout the USA - truly a one of a kind company.
CoGo NW is looking for the best candidates to maximize sales in the competitive Super Premium Organic Juice Category