Area Sales Manager
Avitae USA, LLCApply for this Job
Beverage Area Sales Manager
We are seeking a high-performing, self-motivated Area Sales Manager based in the Southern California market for our non-alcohol, new age, functional beverage. We want someone who brings significant ambition, strong leadership qualities, and a desire to join a winning team.
The ideal candidate will visit retail accounts in their assigned territory and work with local distributors and distributor sales reps to achieve sales and distribution objectives. The position requires an organized, energetic, and creative person with grocery store sales experience. As we are growing quickly and developing multiple markets throughout the Country, some overnight travel will be required to support other markets and participate in crew drives.
The company is dedicated to producing zero calorie, zero sugar, nothing artificial, better-for-you beverages and is positioned as a category leader in functional beverages. The company’s management team consists of beverage industry veterans from, Neuro, Hint, Coca Cola, Bai, PepsiCo and others.
This Area Manager is the primary field contact for distribution and retail execution. You need to know the market, the customers and how things work in the beverage distribution and execution arena. The Area Manager will implement go to market strategies that includes increase customer loyalty, distribution growth, and company profitability by continuing and building relationships with existing retailers, distributors and brokers. This includes development of an annual forecast, budget and sales plan.
The main objectives of an Area Manager are:
- Achieve our sales, merchandising and profit goals by helping the distributor attain their sales volume and profit objective on our products.
- Assist the distributor sales representatives and accounts in attaining their sales and distribution objectives on our New Age brands by working with them and providing training support on our product line.
- Maintain a key account list and develop personal relationships with key buyers/owners and managers.
- Assist the Sales Director and in distributor management meetings by providing well documented reports on the levels of distribution, display, and sales by the distributor.
- Poses the skill set to conduct a well prepared, organized weekly sales meetings presentation to the distributor sales force.
- Monitor inventory and proper use of P.O.S. material. Follow through on all commitments made to distributor management, sales personnel, and the trade.
- Review monthly account performance.
- Identify market trends and opportunities, and develop respective action plan.
- College degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years field sales experience in the beverage industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Territory management experience
- Distributor performance management experience
- Strong business acumen, relationship management skills, customer focus, and drive for results
- Aggressive entrepreneurial attitude