Senior Graphic Designer
Kodiak CakesApply for this Job
Kodiak Cakes Job Opening
Senior Graphic Designer
Park City, Utah
Who are we?
Kodiak Cakes is a small, fast-growing natural foods company located in the scenic Rocky Mountains of Park City, Utah. Our journey with food began by restoring the whole grain tradition of flapjacks from the American frontier. In the process, we discovered that high quality foods closer to nature are not only more wholesome, but far more delicious and packed with clean energy. We rely on that clean energy from nature to fuel our active, outdoor lifestyle in the mountains.
We make the best-selling (and best-tasting!) whole grain flapjack mix in the nation, and also sell baking mixes, gourmet syrup, oatmeal, and granola at a large variety of retailers (http://www.kodiakcakes.com/store-locator-map/). Our brand is growing immensely with fast-turning items, growing distribution, and a robust innovation pipeline across multiple categories. We need to build our team with more people that share our passion for the outdoors, bring valuable industry experience, thrive in an entrepreneurial culture, and want to make an impact on the front lines of the food revolution. We believe that eating real food closer to nature, getting active outdoors, and preserving local nature will bring back that old, balanced partnership with the wild that our forebears forged out on the frontier. We embrace the spirit of the Kodiak – a pristine wilderness with a rich ecosystem – and we rely on that spirit of the Kodiak to inspire the work we do, the food we eat, and the way we play.
What will this position do?
This important role will create and curate content for marketing in two different areas: package design and marketing communications. It is a crucial role that will help shape the brand in the eye of the consumer.
- Craft the design strategy for the brand, its assets, and packaging
- Create packaging keyline files and mockup images
- Develop design elements for new product packaging
- Create brand marketing content: image graphics, social media content, advertising media graphics, website graphics, photography, video, etc.
- Help design and assemble document templates, sales materials, branded items, in-store shippers, etc.
- Manage relationships with content providers for brand marketing
- Manage packaging printer process and relationships
What are we looking for?
We need a graphic design expert who wants to sink their teeth into a product they believe in. This individual must be able to bring both superior design strategy and artistic work to the table. They need an insatiable desire to create engaging content that is authentic to the brand across multiple touchpoints.
- Degree in graphic design
- 4-8+ years of graphic design experience with an impressive portfolio
- Package design experience
- High familiarity with a variety of advanced design software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Experience creating design graphics across various marketing touchpoints: social, digital, print, website, etc.
- Close familiarity with key design principles in each distinct marketing touchpoint
- Ability to curate content from a variety of high quality sources
- Experience managing agency relationships
- Collaborative ability to partner cross-functionally
- Ease of working across multiple projects with tight deadlines and limited supervision
- Thrives in an agile environment where speed and urgency are key needs
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong copywriting skills
- Strong fit for the Kodiak Cakes brand culture of active, outdoor lifestyle
- Strong photography and videography skills
- Deep personal commitment to natural foods
- Experience in food CPG
How can I apply?
Please apply for this position by sending your resume and a brief note introducing yourself to email@example.com.
What else do I need to know?
This role is based in our headquarters near the ski slopes and mountain trails of Park City, Utah. It reports to the VP of Marketing. It offers competitive compensation and benefits that include health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, relocation assistance, active lifestyle benefits, all-you-can-eat flapjacks, flexible vacation, maternity/paternity leave, and a variety of other Kodiak-unique perks.
The future of food is whatever our generation decides it will be. We are committed to creating wholesome, natural, authentic food with superior taste to fuel a healthy, active lifestyle. We feel encouraged by some of the wholesome trends in food today and believe that with a concerted effort, we can make an enormous impact in building momentum for natural, better-for-you foods. If you feel inspired in this same journey, we invite you to apply to join our team and leave your legacy on the future of food.