Kodiak CakesApply for this Job
Kodiak Cakes Job Opening
Park City, Utah
Who are we?
Kodiak Cakes is a small, fast-growing natural foods company located in the scenic Rocky Mountains of Park City, Utah. Our journey with food began by restoring the whole grain tradition of flapjacks from the American frontier. In the process, we discovered that high quality foods closer to nature are not only more wholesome, but far more delicious and packed with clean energy. We rely on that clean energy from nature to fuel our active, outdoor lifestyle in the mountains.
We make the best-selling whole grain flapjack mix in the nation and also sell baking mixes, syrup, oatmeal, and granola at a large variety of retailers (http://www.kodiakcakes.com/store-locator-map/). We’re expanding rapidly as the fastest-growing pancake brand in America and need to build our team with more people that share our passion for the outdoors, bring industry experience, thrive in an entrepreneurial culture, and want to make an impact on the front lines of the food revolution. We believe that eating real food closer to nature, getting active outdoors, and preserving local nature will bring back that old, balanced partnership with the wild that our forebears forged out on the frontier. We embrace the spirit of the Kodiak – a pristine wilderness with a rich ecosystem – and we rely on that spirit of the Kodiak to inspire the work we do, the food we eat, and the way we play.
What will this position do?
This important marketing role will directly influence both the strategy and execution behind our innovation pipeline and our promotional marketing efforts. It is a traditional CPG brand management role focused intently on meeting consumer needs, organizing teams to tackle complex challenges, and orchestrating the brand’s strategy across multiple touchpoints. Importantly, this role will ensure that our brand remains truly authentic and real in everything that we do, from the products we launch to the ways we interact with and communicate with consumers.
- Build strategic frameworks for product innovation and portfolio maintenance
- Lead innovation and portfolio review process
- Work across the sales, marketing, R&D, and operations teams to launch new products
- Create and launch new item marketing support campaigns
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone in need of an adventure. Someone who wants to take what they’ve learned working for a large, established CPG giant and make waves in the world of food by building and growing an emerging brand with immense potential to make a difference. We need someone highly skilled and proficient in both marketing and team leadership. This individual needs to be deeply committed to the Food Revolution of which we are a part, and to the active, outdoor lifestyle that is core to our brand.
- 2-4+ years post-MBA in food CPG brand marketing
- Extensive experience building and executing an innovation strategy and pipeline
- Experience managing and executing marketing communications and promotion marketing touchpoints
- Deep personal commitment to natural foods
- Close fit for the Kodiak Cakes brand culture of active, outdoor lifestyle
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Intense curiosity to personally learn and grow
- Superb influence skills, across written, verbal, and presentation forms of communication
- Collaborative, team-building intuition
- Strong familiarity with syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, SPINS) and MS Office
- Superior team leadership skills and experience
- Experience working on a natural food brand
- Experience working across multiple retail channels, including the natural channel and club
How can I apply?
What else do I need to know?
This role is based in our headquarters near the ski slopes and mountain trails of Park City, Utah and will provide relocation assistance for the right candidate. It reports to the Brand Marketing Director and will also work very closely with the VP of Marketing. It offers competitive compensation and a wide range of small-company benefits that will be highly valued by someone that fits our company culture.
The future of food is whatever our generation decides it will be. We are committed to creating wholesome, natural, authentic food with superior taste to fuel a healthy, active lifestyle. We feel encouraged by some of the wholesome trends in food today and believe that with a concerted effort we can make an enormous impact in building momentum for natural, better-for-you foods. If you feel inspired in this same journey, we invite you to apply to join our team and leave your legacy on the future of food.