Tasting Room Manager
Blake's Hard CiderApply for this Job
The Tasting Room Manager (TRM) is responsible for management of the Tasting Room. The TRM supervises and motivates the staff of the room including cooks, servers and bartenders, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication. Plans and schedules staff coverage, building sales and maintaining profitability. Performs essential functions to ensure overall customer satisfaction and quality service, and establishes and maintains effective communication with senior management and customers. Responsible for the effective and efficient planning, staffing, and scheduling of all open hour periods, off-site sales and creation of special activities to enhance business. This position requires that the TRM be responsible for the P&L of the Tasting Room and meets all financial and budgetary goals.
As the TRM, you are accountable for meeting the company’s sales and marketing goals for the Tasting Room as well as playing a key role in meeting the company wide profitability and customer satisfaction goals:
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
- Be responsible for food and beverage pricing by analyzing and controlling cost of goods by menu item.
- Ensure proper staffing during hours of operation.
- Maintain proper distribution and reporting of tips.
- Promote and grow off-site sales.
- Achieve or exceed the budgeted sales and profits as presented by the General Manager and the Owners.
- Maintain a positive Tasting Room attitude and ensure that all employees under your supervision are aligned with the company goals.
You and your team are responsible for supporting the company vision and mission by maintaining a key component of the company’s revenue and profit sources. Because you are selling to current and new customers, and you are in a strong position to influence their satisfaction and our company prosperity, this position requires tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
Responsibilities and Duties:
General and Administrative
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the company’s commitment to quality, continuous improvement and respect for individuals.
- Supervise the servers, cooks and bartenders to effectively schedule and prioritize Room hours and, when necessary, reorganize to meet special Room activities.
- Ensures all employees comply with company customer contact standards.
- Communicate effectively with the Owner/General Manager, and the Room Team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that sales and customer objectives are met.
- Follow systems and procedures outlined in the company procedures.
Tasting Room Management:
- Develops, coordinates, and controls all sales and marketing activities of the Tasting Room to produce the targeted sales and profit goals of the Company.
- Ensures that all company transactions are done in an ethical and prudent manner.
- Settles all customer complaints at this level and seeks guidance of the General Manager and the Owner as required.
- Keeps updated on the events in the industry and market place in order to take advantage of new trends.
- Follows all instructions (written and verbal) as given by the General Manager/Owner.
- Coordinates sales and profit margins with accounting personnel.
- Interacts with customers to ensure their satisfaction with the Company’s products and service and to promote additional off-site sales.
- Meets regularly with subordinates to ensure proper information flow and adherence to stated goals and objectives.
- Reviews all sales activity reports with key people weekly.
- Ensures that an accurate recording system for all transactions is maintained.
- Track and maintain sales team’s operating budget.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews on or before the applicable due date(s) for all personnel reporting to this position.
- Attends all weekly management meetings.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate a tasting room /restaurant operation with ten or more employees in the operation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively run a similar establishment in an efficient manner.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry/trade magazines.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Excellent knowledge of the industry and trends impacting the business.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to do routine business math calculations including computation of food and drink costs and pricing.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers in person and on the telephone.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of Marketing and Sales.
- Able to use Microsoft Office Applications
- The work for this position will be in a climate controlled, smoke free environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work will be performed as per the schedule you create for the team. Some weekend work required as needed.
Measure of Performance:
- Meeting or exceeding sales volume goals as established by the General Manager/Owner.
- Weekly tracking of food, drink and off-premise sales as well as average sale per ticket.
- Weekly tracking of gross margins and sales per employee hour.
- Meeting or exceeding profit margins as established by the General Manager/Owner.
- Maintaining expenses within budget.
- All paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conducts himself/herself in a professional and cooperative manner at all times.
- Customer satisfaction is high, with complaints held to an acceptable minimum as established by the General Manager/Owner.
- Maintains professional appearance all times.
- Performance of all Tasting Room personnel including, but not limited to, personnel reporting to the position has been evaluated on or before the due dates.
- Provides a high degree of cooperation and interaction with other employees and departments.
Additional Duties: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.