Quality Assurance Specialist
Better BoochApply for this Job
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for assisting with the leadership of the Quality Assurance in our Los Angeles facility.
• Lead the Quality Assurance program in the Los Angeles facility.
• Assist in maintaining existing Quality Systems, including internal audit program, document control, CAPA, and other quality systems as appropriate.
• Timely reporting of quality metrics
• Assist in facilitating internal and external quality audits.
• Maintain the internal requirements for all customer-based audits.
• Prepare corrective action log for all internal audits.
• Maintain organized and accurate document control.
• Participate on cross-functional teams to implement and sustain company principles.
• Lead and/or represent the Quality Assurance department in cross-functional meetings to resolve quality, technical and help with related issues.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's of Science Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Biology, Microbiology, Food Science
Experience: 3 plus years of experience in QA Systems a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Internal Auditing Experience as well as experience preparing for external audits
• Experience working in the food industry (wet lab experience a plus)
• Ability to work from written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision while remaining productive at all times.
• Ability to stay positive and calm in difficult and/or trying circumstances.
• Ability to write route reports and correspondence.
• Must speak, read and write English.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and possess team-based problem-solving skills.
• Must be focused and oriented toward an accomplishment of the team and organizational goals.
• Must be able to work flexible hours to include longer days, weekends when needed.
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel with the utmost professionalism.
• Experience with FDA, customer and third party audits.
• Understanding of GMS, SSOP"s and SOP's
• Thorough understanding of general safety requirements.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment.
• Basic knowledge of local, state and federal driver regulations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as quality control application, spreadsheets, and databases.
• HACCP Certified
• Food Safety Management Auditor Certification or Quality Management Auditor Certification