VP of Operations
Ace DistributingApply for this Job
Vice President of Operations
Ace Distributing is a leading beverage wholesaler in South Central Pennsylvania. We represent more than 1,500 brands from over 71 supplier partners and service over 900 direct retail partners across Lancaster, York, Adams, Franklin, Fulton and Cumberland counties.
Ace is looking for a Vice President of Operations. This new position will oversee the activities and duties of the operations department. The VP of Operations should possess the skills to motivate, guide and direct the members of the operations department toward achieving the goals and objectives of the company. This role will work closely with other leaders across the business to drive growth, profitability, service and quality.
Key Responsibilities and Required Skills include:
This position demands a dynamic leader with strong emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills in a high accountability setting.
Prepare and provide strategic plans and oversight for all operational activities.
Identify and implement industry best practices in distribution to drive efficiency and operational effectiveness.
Create and implement continuous improvement initiatives and drive operational excellence and best practices to improve quality, service, productivity, cost, & safety.
Analyze and manage operational data to ensure growth and alignment of departmental priorities.
Develop and implement performance objectives and countermeasures to ensure achievement of goals with a strong focus on process orientation.
- Experience leading and managing in a metrics- and continuous-improvement-minded environment
- Success implementing standard processes and tools to drive improvements in service, time, accuracy, productivity and safety.
- Experience establishing and rating KPI’s.
- Analytical ability to assess financial impacts of any changes to logistics service requirements
- Profound knowledge of warehouse management systems.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Minimum Job Requirements:
- College degree or High School Diploma with equivalent experience.
- Prefer 5 yrs. experience in a progressive managerial position in the wholesale distribution industry with safety and OSHA experience.
*Grocery and chain DSD experience is an asset in this position.
A full benefits package will be available including health, vision, dental, 401(k), vacation and personal time.