Key Account Manager
Chex Finer FoodsApply for this Job
- Manage day-to-day relationships with top accounts. Responsible for ensuring Chex is delivering on value proposition, is embedded with the retailer and achieves the highest level of service.
- Work closely with EVP to maximize and realize sales goals.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations and established deadlines.
- Work with category managers to proactively present category trends and new item introduction to build brands within the category management process.
Sales and Business Planning
- Develop and execute monthly, quarterly and annual sales plans for accounts to achieve budgeted sales goals. Share best practices.
- Prepare and execute business plans that include monthly meetings, quarterly sales /top seller reviews and annual business reviews.
- Follow-thru on key account plans & objectives to reach targeted sales and cost objectives, including sales forecast and gap analysis to execute positive year over year results.
- Present a promotional program that includes weekly ad items, TPR’s, seasonal events and off shelf features to build brand sales
- Report progress toward achieving goals and communicate results to management. Understand and provide insights and solutions to manage account P & L to defined budget goals.
- Communicates effectively with internal and external team members
- Cultivate and foster team building and cooperation across the key account team to ensure all goals are exceeded
- Actively participates in sales programs, category management review and implementation and shares ideas best practices with the Chex team.
- Provides analytics and insights into sales data
- Submits accurate, timely, and complete reports by account to management. Ensures that reports and records are accessible and meaningful for decision making processes.
New Business Development
- Collaborate with EVP to develop new accounts in the trade area
- Maintain a priority list of targets
- Identify how the Chex value proposition can create quantifiable opportunity for the prospective retailer
- Present the Chex value proposition through the new business presentation process
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Live in the New York/New Jersey trade area
- Passionate about the Specialty and Natural food industry
- Proven sales builder in supermarkets
- Able to create and build long term relationships based on trust and performance
- Integrity, driven and determined
- Dedicated team member committed to exceeding customer expectations
- Technologically savvy with strong MS Office skills
- Willing to travel across the NY/NJ metro area
- Bachelor Degree in business, management, marketing or a related field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- At least 5 yrs. of sales experience in a retail distribution setting