Happy Family Brands - an INNOVATION AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE MANAGER
|Job Title:||an INNOVATION AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE MANAGER|
|Company:||Happy Family Brands|
|Location:||40 Fulton Street, 15th Floor, New York, NY, 10038|
Happy Family Brands is looking for an INNOVATION AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE MANAGER to join their broader marketing team. The Associate Manager will be responsible for managing the baby & toddler innovation process from concept and research to working with the cross-functional team on formulation and launch planning across multiple product lines. As a company founded on creating innovative, organic food products, Happy Family places a lot of importance on our ability to launch new products in multiple categories. Additionally, the Associate Manager will work on various business development and companywide strategic growth projects.
- Product Development – lead cross-functional team in project management of innovations including packaging, formulation, and design.
- Consumer Research – lead consumer research on strategic initiatives to help define growth opportunities in new and current categories in which we play.
- Innovation Planning – responsible for working with VP of Business Development on baby and toddler innovation planning, including analysis of potential categories for expansion.
- Consumer Marketing – while not responsible directly for the marketing plan, the Associate Manager will be an active member of the marketing team and will participate in this creation of marketing strategies.
- Business Analytics and Competitive Tracking- responsible for competitive analysis ongoing.
- Strategic Projects – take on additional strategic projects for Happy Family as necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience
You are enthusiastic about organic food, nutrition and health – and want to learn or deepen your experience in marketing/brand management, innovation and business development. You have extensive experience doing primary and secondary research, have worked in marketing or consulting, and are very detail oriented. You have experience analyzing market opportunities (though not necessarily in CPG) and are comfortable in Excel. You are a self-starter who can work independently with a moderate level of guidance. You are passionate about our Happy Family mission to change the trajectory of children’s health in the US by partnering with parents from the beginning of their journey and beyond!
- BA required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant marketing, innovation experience in a consumer goods business
- Experience with project management and managing timelines, operations, and logistics, ideally in a consumer goods business
- Competence in traditional business computer applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc)
- A go-getter with a strong work ethic
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to multi-task with varied skill-set and ability to develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
Launched on Mother’s Day 2006, and founded and operated by moms, Happy Family is a leading premium organic food brand delivering optimal nutrition for the entire family.
Happy Family is committed to making baby and toddler food as healthy and delicious as homemade with the essential nutrients needed for optimal growth and development. We are socially responsible in all that we do and use our collective talent to create the best possible products, grow our business, and give back to those in need.
Happy Family is headquartered in New York City.
Nurture Inc is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws and ordinances, nationally and internationally. EOE