American Pasteurization Company - Quality Assurance Supervisor
|Job Title:||Quality Assurance Supervisor|
|Company:||American Pasteurization Company|
|Location:||2335 Del Monte Street, Suite 100, West Sacramento, CA, 95691|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Ensures products covered under APC’s HACCP plans meets critical limits at CCPs and that other HACCP requirements have been met.
- Oversees the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of the SQF system.
- Ensures that all product handling is compliant with GMPs and SSOPs.
- Reviews all documentation associated with food safety and quality programs.
- Manages new customer and/or product implementation into food safety systems and relevant internal documentation.
- Addresses and handles customer complaints and conveys information to the operations personnel in order to drive process improvements.
- Trains all employees with relevant food safety and quality rules and regulations.
- Monitors and evaluates services provided by third party contractors, such as pest control and scale services.
- Hires, trains, develops, and manages the performance of the Sacramento Quality Assurance Technician team.
- Investigates and corrects quality issues by identifying and resolving the root cause of quality issues, in collaboration with other departments.
- Assists in performing “hold” procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager.
The Quality Assurance Manager must have a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Microbiology, Food Science, Chemistry or a related field; other degrees with experience in the food industry is acceptable. Must be an effective leader of people and have strong desire to develop/train staff. Must be able to manage business critical functions in a calm and systematic fashion. Organized and analytical with excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required. Proficiency in the MS Suite of products is required.