Tio Gazpacho - Production and Procurement Manager
|Job Title:||Production and Procurement Manager|
|Location:||New York, NY, 10011
Edison, NJ, 08817
Los Angeles, CA, 90036
Production and Procurement Manager
The Production and Procurement Manager is responsible for the technical management, supervision and control of the production and logistics processes of Tio Gazpacho. He/she also strategizes to find the most cost-effective deals and suppliers and discovers the best ways to minimize our procurement expenses so that the company can invest its capital in growth and people.
- Work with sales manager to forecast production needs
- Plan and organize production schedules with co-packer
- Manage ordering of all raw materials and packaging
- Maintain accurate inventory logs of all raw materials and packaging
- Ensure all incoming orders meet or exceed Tio quality standards
- Supervise three to four production runs per month at New Jersey co-packer, ensuring compliance with Tio and co-packer requirements, FDA regulations and HACCP plan
- Assist in the testing of new products
- Develop and maintain relationships with growers; negotiate growing contracts with key partners
- Cultivate relationships with other suppliers
- Work with Tio’s strategic partner to further develop Tio QA/QC standards
- Manage re-write of HACCP Plan, completed in conjunction with strategic partner
- Maintain product samples
- Maintain accurate inventory of all finished goods
- Manage fulfillment of all outgoing shipments to customers
- Manage Tio’s relationship with certifying agencies (currently organic and vegan)
- Work to attain non-GMO Project Verification, gluten-free and Kosher certifications
Prior experience with building a team is a plus.
Proven working experience as a procurement, production and/or operations manager a must.
Experience with HPP a plus.
Strong organizational, interpersonal, project management, problem solving, communication and team working skills desired.
BS degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration preferred.
Compensation packing including competitive salary, benefits, bonus and equity.