River City Cannery - Canning Line Operator - Entry Level
|Job Title:||Canning Line Operator - Entry Level|
|Company:||River City Cannery|
|Location:||Elkridge, MD, 21075
Pennsauken, PA, 08110
River City Cannery is a fast-growing company that packages beverages in cans for many of the mid-Atlantic’s best craft liquid producers – some you know about, and some you will want to! We package beer, cider, wine, mead, tea coffee and soda. We pioneered nitro beer in cans without a widget and operate the only mobile slim-can style machinery for spirits and wine on the East Coast. We are not afraid to take risks and take an immense amount of pride in the partnerships we forge with our clients. We operate a fleet (gaggle?) of Wild Goose Canning systems, with locations in both the Philadelphia and Baltimore-metro areas. For more information about us, check out our website at www.rivercitycannery.com.
We are looking to fill several full-time Entry Level Canning Line Operator positions. You must be dependable and a self-starter who takes pride in your work and goes the extra mile to do the job right. We are looking for hardworking, honest people who set their standards high and are passionate about packaging quality beverages. This position requires flexibility in scheduling and infrequent overnight stays as required. This is a fantastic opportunity to get into the brewing industry while learning valuable skills. Great growth opportunities within our company for the right person.
The job: The Entry Level Canning Line Operator serves as the supporting team member, ensuring our machines are running properly throughout the job. You must be able to work safely in a fast paced, production environment. You play a critical part in building strong, lasting relationships with our customers.
During a Job
- Follow safety procedures and wear appropriate PPE
- Assist Lead Canning Line Operator in successful calibration of the product
- Adjunct staffing on the ‘fill-side’ of our machine and process
- Troubleshooting mechanical problems that may arise during a job
- Extensive pre-and post-job equipment cleaning and sanitizing
- Assist Lead Operator on enforcing quality control, efficiency and accurate statistical tracking
- Working closely with brewery owners, head brewers and additional staff
- Operating company vehicles safely, ensuring all necessary supplies are loaded and secured appropriately
- Assist in truck loading and unloading
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Equipment/machinery maintenance
- Support Lead Operator with necessary communications and logistics on scheduling and supply packing
- Managing and maintaining warehouse supply inventory
Ideal candidates display the following qualities:
- HS Diploma or GED
- Technical/professional training in mechanical and/or electrical fields
- Previous brewery or packaging experience
- Work experience in skilled trades
- Operating box trucks/large vehicles
- Forklift operating experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Preferred - Working knowledge of any of the following principals and applications: electrical, pneumatic, hydraulics, mechanics and HMIs
- Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and repair equipment on-site
- Attentiveness, quick reaction and decision-making skills
- Excellent ‘people skills’ – we are client driven and results oriented- you should be too!
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of beer and brewing process
- Leadership skills and abilities
- Valid driver's license, with clean driving record
- Traveling daily to breweries throughout the Mid-Atlantic
- Infrequent overnight travel around the region, up to 1-2 days at a time - accommodations and meals covered
- Willingness to work extended and/or irregular hours
- Able to lift over 50 pounds and stand throughout your shift
- Willingness to work on/around potentially dangerous equipment
- Willingness to work in an environment with elevated noise levels while utilizing appropriate PPE
Compensation: River City Cannery offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. We believe in a healthy balance between work, play, and life.
Military veterans encouraged to apply!
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent