River City Cannery - Canning Line Operator - Experienced
|Job Title:||Canning Line Operator - Experienced|
|Company:||River City Cannery|
|Location:||Elkridge, MD, 21075
Pennsauken, NJ, 08110
Running or have run a bottling or canning line with no clear path to grow? Looking for a new challenge?
River City Cannery is a fast-growing company that packages beverages in cans for many of the mid-Atlantic’s best craft liquid producers – some you know about, and some you will want to! We package beer, cider, wine, mead, tea coffee and soda. We pioneered nitro beer in cans without a widget and operate the only mobile slim-can style machinery for spirits and wine on the East Coast. We are not afraid to take risks and take an immense amount of pride in the partnerships we forge with our clients. We operate a fleet (gaggle?) of Wild Goose Canning systems, with locations in both the Philadelphia and Baltimore-metro areas. For more information about us, check out our website at www.rivercitycannery.com.
We are looking to fill several full-time Experienced Canning Line Operator positions. Relocation expenses covered for the right candidate. Compensation is commensurate to experience - in particular, operating beverage bottling and/or canning lines. You must be dependable and a self-starter who takes pride in your work and goes the extra mile to do the job right. We are looking for hardworking, honest people who set their standards high and are passionate about packaging quality beverages. This position requires flexibility in scheduling and occasional overnight stays as required.
The job: The Lead Canning Line Operator serves as the Site Manager of each job, taking lead on both operation of our equipment and communication with the client. You will work hand in hand with breweries of all sizes to improve process and product to achieve package-ready product. You must be able to work safely in a fast paced, production environment while being a critical link in building strong, lasting relationships with our clients.
During a Job
- Follow safety procedures and wear appropriate PPE
- Successful calibration of the product, occasionally under difficult, out-of-spec conditions
- Troubleshooting mechanical problems that may arise during a job
- Extensive pre-and post-job equipment cleaning and sanitizing
- Lead on completing Brewery Run Logs and QC/QA processes, as well as any additional efficiency activities.
- Working closely with brewery owners, head brewers and additional staff
- Operating company vehicles safely, ensuring all necessary supplies are loaded and secured appropriately
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Equipment/machinery maintenance
- Lead communications and logistics on scheduling and supply packing
- Working with other team members to maintain warehouse supply inventory
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ideal candidates display the following qualities:
- HS Diploma or GED
- Preferred - Technical/professional training in mechanical and/or electrical fields
Experience - Preferred
- Previous brewery or packaging experience
- Work experience in skilled trades
- Operating box trucks/large vehicles
- Forklift operating experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Preferred - Working knowledge of any of the following principals and applications: electrical, pneumatic, hydraulics, mechanics and HMIs
- Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot and repair equipment on-site
- Attentiveness, quick reaction and decision-making skills
- Excellent ‘people skills’ – we are client driven and results oriented- you should be too!
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of beer and brewing process
- Leadership skills and abilities
- Valid driver's license, with clean driving record
- Traveling daily to breweries throughout the Mid-Atlantic
- Infrequent overnight travel around the region, up to 1-2 days at a time - accommodations and meals covered
- Willingness to work extended and/or irregular hours
- Able to lift over 50 pounds and stand throughout your shift
- Willingness to work on/around potentially dangerous equipment
- Willingness to work in an environment with elevated noise levels while utilizing appropriate PPE
Compensation: River City Cannery offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. We believe in a healthy balance between work, play, and life.
Military veterans encouraged to apply!
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Operating beverage bottling or canning lines: 1 year