Big Red - Brand Development Manager
|Job Title:||Brand Development Manager|
Des Moines, IA
Beverage - Non Alcoholic
The HYDRIVE Field Development Manager (FDM) is an accomplished beverage or consumer package goods field marketing professional with experience in sales, distributor management and retailer marketing to drive key sales initiatives, as well as translating a national brand message to their geographical market to drive brand awareness and trial.
The FDM maintains relationships with retail customer decision makers, brokers, distributors, wholesalers, as well as retail store level personnel.
The ideal FDM will have a passion for and specific knowledge and experience in the beverage industry. The FDM will manage all sales and merchandising efforts for your area.
- Meet monthly display and distribution goals
- Strengthen distributor/retailer relationships and further develop the existing infrastructure in the territory’s market
- Manage expectations of brand standards
- Manage local Point-of-Sale materials that capture retailer and consumer attention
- Build consumer awareness in existing Large and Small format accounts
- Conduct store audits and “ride-withs” with local market distributors/wholesalers and brokers as necessary to insure proper space, position and pricing.
- Manage rotation and inventory control at retailer level
- Set up retail sampling events to drive consumer awareness and gain incremental space/displays
- Seek out local events to build brand awareness
- Prospect for new accounts to meet monthly distribution goals
- Establish working knowledge of area’s potential new account base
- Attend and present brand successes through local Distributor/Retailer weekly Sales meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree/Competitive background
- 3+ Years Consumer Package goods sales or merchandising experience preferred
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Problem solvers/Goal Oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Overnight travel
- Full Time Salary/Bonus potential
- $400/month car allowance plus fuel card
- Benefits-401K, Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Approved travel expenses paid weekly upon submission of receipts.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Big Red Inc. is one of the top 10 beverage companies in North America with a history dating back to 1937. Along with Big Red®, recognized as the number-one selling red soda, Big Red Inc. also markets beverage brands Big Red Zero®, Big Blue®, Big Peach®, Big Pineapple®, NuGrape®, Nesbitt’s®, Hydrive and Xyience products. Distributed widely throughout the Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Independent Bottlers and Pepsi Beverages Company, consumers across the country enjoy Big Red Inc.’s beverages. For more information, please visit www.bigred.com. Big Red, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits, 100% company-paid health insurance, and generous 401k matching.